Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend with norovirus

Boyfriend with norovirus

Okay so my boyfriend had norovirus last Wednesday so it's almost been a week....How long do I wait?? Is it safe to be around him or even kiss him since it wasn't long ago?
    HELP!
    Norovirus is the reason I have emetophobia!
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: Boyfriend with norovirus

Hiya

A person is most contagious from when symptoms start to show till 48 hours after they're better usually. Of course some people may be contagious for longer so as its been a week I'd say you're fine.
    My partner recently caught it and I visited him after a week of him having it and I didn't catch it myself x

Best wishes

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Could I get sick?

My boyfriend recently had norovirus 2 weeks ago and I don't know whether to see him yet...
    Could I get sick from being around him or even kissing him?
    Norovirus has caused so many issues in my life I hoped it wasn't this bad

Re: Could I get sick?

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinoceans080 View Post
    My boyfriend recently had norovirus 2 weeks ago and I don't know whether to see him yet...
    Could I get sick from being around him or even kissing him?
    Norovirus has caused so many issues in my life I hoped it wasn't this bad

My wife had a nasty bug that started last week. She's my wife and I take care of her because that just what you do for someone you love. If he's been over it for two weeks, I'd say you're safe but you do what you feel you have to do as regardless of what's said, you still have to make a decision.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    My wife had a nasty bug that started last week. She's my wife and I take care of her because that just what you do for someone you love. If he's been over it for two weeks, I'd say you're safe but you do what you feel you have to do as regardless of what's said, you still have to make a decision.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you that helped a lot

I'm having a similar problem right now. My husband was sick Monday (5 days ago, about 120 hours ago) with vomiting and diarrhea for a few hours. He felt better the next day, but still isn't fully himself. I've spent all week in a state of constant panic wondering if I'm going to get it. I've heard that norovirus still sheds itself in the person's poop for up to 2 weeks after, so I feel like this is going to be another week and 2 days of misery. :( I just don't know what to do. I've been sleeping separately, washing my hands before preparing food or eating, and making sure to clean the bathroom thoroughly. I just can't get the idea of getting sick out of my mind, and I'm terrified of throwing up. I feel like I'm driving myself insane (and my husband isn't very happy either).

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by katielovespizza View Post
    I'm in a similar boat with my husband right now. He was sick Monday with v* and d* but didn't get sick after that. It's been 5 days (over 120 hours) and I haven't gotten it but I read that it can stay on surfaces and shed in the person's stool for 2 weeks, so I'm terrified. I have hardly been able to sleep, and I wake up in a panic every time I do, feeling like I might be coming down with it (but it's just anxiety). This has been awful and I am completely miserable. I don't know how much longer I can take of this... I've been extra careful about hand washing and cleaning the bathroom and other surfaces but I just feel like it's inevitable and it's making me so miserable
    It's so scary isn't it? I've been able to avoid him and therefore him but now I don't know when it's safe

I'm going to reactivate this thread, if you don't mind, because I have a sort of similar issue.

Friday night my boyfriend had a friend round. They went out for a few drinks and then his friend stayed over. He told me in the morning that his friend had been sick in the early hours and was still unwell.

I said I didn't want to see him in case he caught it. I didn't see him Saturday but yesterday (Sunday) he persuaded me that he was fine so I went over there.

I stayed over but he woke me up at 3am when I'd not been asleep long and said he'd been sick. He blamed it on indigestion. I freaked out and got my stuff and left. He messaged me this morning saying he was ill through the rest of the night.

I'm terrified. I knew I should have stayed away longer. Now I've got to wait at least 48 hours in constant fear that I'm going to get sick. I am too scared to eat anything or go out.

I've read that someone is only contagious once symptoms start, but I kissed him earlier in the evening and had close contact.

Does anyone have anything they can reassure me with? Calming techniques for dealing with nausea? I'm sitting here with hand sanitiser and everything. I have IBS and acid reflux as well so my stomach is upset quite a lot and I can kind of deal with the other end of it but the emetophobia is unbearable and nausea causes me constant panic. I'm home alone here all week with no distractions from the fear of getting sick.

Hi I have had norovirus a few times sure it's not nice and can knock you for 6 but it's not life threatning this may sound harsh (but it's not meant to be) if you get it there is nothing you can do apart from ride it out and keep hydrated at all times you will be fine take care ATB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information