Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to access forum

Re: Unable to access forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ash J View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I really do appreciate the efforts of the admins, it's a shame people are sad enough to have to spam forums like these and ruin it for others. As I mentioned in my previous post though I can only access the forum through 4G on my phone and chat feature doesn't function properly on mobiles so hoping the port issue will sort out as miss talking to people in the chat .
    If you have an android phone, you can try downloading the Dolphin browser. The chat room works better on that than other browsers but it's still not as smooth as on a laptop. If you do use the chat room in the Dolphin browser, zoom in to about 150% otherwise the text will be too small. This is only browser on Android phones as far as I'm aware that still supports Flash player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    If you have an android phone, you can try downloading the Dolphin browser. The chat room works better on that than other browsers but it's still not as smooth as on a laptop. If you do use the chat room in the Dolphin browser, zoom in to about 150% otherwise the text will be too small. This is only browser on Android phones as far as I'm aware that still supports Flash player.
    Well I tried the Dolphin Brower on my Smart Phone And tried to access ALL 4 (formerly 4 OD) Catch up tv and it made no difference couldn't access any programme same on My5 Channel 5 on demand wether it's was because was on a older version of Android I am not sure, but It could work for Chat fine Cheers

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Very flaky on here again tonight - frequently 'timing out' and not connecting.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    You can play the games too as they are Flash. It's the only browser I know of too. The only other way is installing some files into the Android device to get around it.

It will be up and down all night - Alex is looking at fixing the original problem

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Well I tried the Dolphin Brower on my Smart Phone And tried to access ALL 4 (formerly 4 OD) Catch up tv and it made no difference couldn't access any programme same on My5 Channel 5 on demand wether it's was because was on a older version of Android I am not sure, but It could work for Chat fine Cheers
    Did you download and install the Flash player for your Android phone separately and then enable Flash in the Dolphin browser? If you did then maybe that version of Flash is not compatible with 4od and 5 on Demand. Maybe you can download apps to watch these just like you can use the BBC iplayer app.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Same thing is happening to me. Now I managed to get here my hubby is wondering where his tea is
    Two days of you all to himself and the minute you want some time for yourself he's after his tea. It just goes to show he can't go without you.

The chat room is not Java or Flash based

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was having problems with connection around 8-9pm on my lappy (running Firefox) but when I switched to my Android phone it seemed fine.

It's been fine through the night though. Back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Can I ask Ash and London if you sit in the chat room a lot?
    I am in the chat most days and usually access it on my laptop. The chat has been timing out a lot over the past 3 days so users are constantly being disconnected. Hoping it will settle down now the forum is more stable. Thank you again for your hard work

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information