Thread: Right side abdominal pain

Right side abdominal pain

In the past few days I've recently began to start feeling a pain in my right abdominal during the night and in the mornings. It's a sharp pain. Almost like a gnawing burinig pain. It seems to go away as the do goes on and is only prevalent in the very early mornings. It's 3:26 am now for me. The pain will be gone before the afternoon I think. I don't know if this is related to me sleeping on my right side for an extended period of time. That was my first thought, but I didn't think it was as the pain is a little too prevalent to me for that. But I didn't rule that out. The area itself is slightly tender to touch as well.

Re: Right side abdominal pain

Hello,
    I've had right sided abdominal pain that is tender to the touch and comes and goes for over a year now. I've had all sorts of tests, including an MRI and it's been put down to IBS and diet related pain. For me, when I cut down on onion, garlic, alcohol and caffeine I noticed a decent improvement. Worth keeping a food diary or thinking if you had a lot of a certain type of food that may have triggered it. Obviously, there's lots of possibilities, but that was my experience. Also, it might be worth trying peppermint tea, and / or anti acid tablets (gaviscon / rennie), whenever I get any sort of stomach pain, a combination of those usually helps.

Thread Information