Thread: When should you be worried about a certain symptom?

When should you be worried about a certain symptom?

So I'm recovering from my HA well. I can thankfully say that I have improved drastically from a year ago but, I have had this weird thing about some brown sometimes red streaks in my spit recently. I've put it to the back of my head and go on really well with life, but I do get this every so often when I actually take the time to brush my tounge and look at the spit.

It's only a small amount and I'm in perfect health. I do believe it's probably just something quite normal, something in me or ans infection type thing. I don't think it's anything serious but I am having the issue of, should I be worrying??

I feel like I don't know it it warrants worrying.

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

I do think it's mucous or something and shows up when I brush my tounge, I have no idea what it is though.

Re: When should you be worried about a certain symptom?

I get this from my sinus, maybe i sniff to hard or something. And yes its around when im brushing my tongue. The crap on my tongue is due to being a smoker. I freak out when i see the line of blood, so i try to cough from my chest and see if its clear, and it is, that way i know the blood is coming from the sinus. I get this all the time when i use like a nasal spray. If the blood came from my chest, i'd certainly go see my Dr. But, im pretty sure if anyone coughed up blood from the lungs, it would not be just red streaks. Actually, now i think of it, a few year back i coughed up blood when i had a chest infection.

Sorry, doesn't really sound like im helping you lol. But it does just sound like maybe a small infection or a sinus. When to worry? I'd say when anyone starts coughing up blood from the chest continuously and doesn't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by RJJones View Post
    I get this from my sinus, maybe i sniff to hard or something. And yes its around when im brushing my tongue. The crap on my tongue is due to being a smoker. I freak out when i see the line of blood, so i try to cough from my chest and see if its clear, and it is, that way i know the blood is coming from the sinus. I get this all the time when i use like a nasal spray. If the blood came from my chest, i'd certainly go see my Dr. But, im pretty sure if anyone coughed up blood from the lungs, it would not be just red streaks. Actually, now i think of it, a few year back i coughed up blood when i had a chest infection.

Sorry, doesn't really sound like im helping you lol. But it does just sound like maybe a small infection or a sinus. When to worry? I'd say when anyone starts coughing up blood from the chest continuously and doesn't stop.
    That's the thing, I feel ABSOLUTELY FINE. Like I can honestly work 7.5 hours on my feet, come home, feel fine. I haven't even coughed or caught anything from the people around me who have been coughing and sneezing like crazy.

I honestly think it's some type of mucous thing and not anything scary. Idk though. I mean I haven't been taking it seriously but I don't know of I should XD

The rule of thumb is: if it still there after 3 weeks and it is more or less persistent.

Thread Information