Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling low and terrible stomach

Feeling low and terrible stomach

I have just found this site it has made me feel a little better I cannot go to doctor, don't want to, embarrassed I guess.

I have a feeling of constant butterflies in my tummy every thing I do is a big chore and I at times get real black thoughts about myself,health mainly about what is happening to my body.

My social life and wokl life is beginning to suffer I have been like this for a year or so I want ot to stop have read about bach remedies do these work I wonder typing this message has helped.

welcome westyjim. you,ve found a really good site ,lots of advice and you will make some new friends along the way too . sounds like anxiety to me , yes bach remedies are good to help you calm down . dont be affraid to ask for help from your gp its their job . good luck and welcome again mazzx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">welcome westyjim. you,ve found a really good site ,lots of advice and you will make some new friends along the way too . sounds like anxiety to me , yes bach remedies are good to help you calm down . dont be affraid to ask for help from your gp its their job . good luck and welcome again mazzx

<div align="right">Originally posted by mazz - 25 October 2005 : 14:22:45</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Can't go to GP this has been big step and hopefully it will help reading and receiving messages I am still navigating around site which is a great help to me

hiya, I know how you feel, I kept my probs to myself for 4-5 years before telling my parents last year cos I just couldn't cope with it myself. I've been to the doc a few times and it has helped a wee bit but I've learned we can only fight this ourselves, I am being sent for cbt so hope that helps. This site is fantastic, everyone is helpful and friendly as we're all in the same boat, try and see your doc and he'll be able to help you, it's a more common problem than you think, rois

"Ther goes the fear, let it go. You turn around and life's passed you by, you look to those you love to justify...there goes the fear."

Hi,
    First welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some good friends.
    Is there a reason that you feel that you cant got to the doctors, they can really help, referring you for councelling or anxiety management courses etc, it doesn't have to be medication, although this does help too.
    Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Hi Westyjim

Welcome to the forum. You are definitely not alone in this and by reading some of the other posts here hopefully this will help you to realise there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

Also have a read of the First Steps and Health Anxiety articles.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Welcome WJ

Rescue Remedy - Help needed
    rescue remedy
    Bach Rescue remedy Experience
    rescue remedy

nervous
    Nausea
    Nausea
    does anybody feel sick or cant eat for days
    stomach problems
    does anybody feel sick or cant eat for days
    Digestive problems
    belching and tummy pains

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my initial message I was really down at the time but having read the site and replies feel a lot better, I guess I am to embarassed to go to doctor's just can't get rid of the horrible feeling in stomach only been like this for a year or so it is now getting on top and will not take medication I have tried St johns Wort and other alternative but nothing kicked in yet feel all sort is wrong with me physically and mentally I used the helpline which was great if if anyone not used it give it a go you will not be dissapointed.

When I leave the house to catch a bus i have walked back home to check that the door is locked how weird is that I also panic when I think of simple chores that have to be done especially if it is in advance,but I know I am not has bad as some of you guy's tnx again

hiya! your not alone! it is horrible! i have had depression, panic,anxiety, obbsessive thoughts. having anxiety at moment and the low mood funny tum. all anxiety. if you eant to chat i am here xx

apriltones

Hi
    I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I know how much something as supposedly small as an upset stomach can turn into a nightmare. I had a stomach virus hit me a couple of years ago which helped trigger horrendous panic attacks - so bad I lost 30 pounds in a month. It was a terrible time, as I'm sure you can understand, BUT - after taking care of myself, finding a good counselor who helped me thru some issues that I had been stuffing inside, and with the wonderful people on this site - it got much better!

I'm not sure of your issues with seeing a GP, but one of the most important things for me was to find out that, indeed, all of the twinges, palpitations, tingles, and other wierd symptoms were but a product of stress. For me, that was a breakthrough, but it took a while before I finally believed it!

Find a friend, here on the site, where you live, or whatever, but try to find if there is anything you are stuffing inside, and get it out. That was the big one for me. I remember on my very first post here, I prattled on about how wonderful my life was, so why was this happening to me?

Well, I was lying to myself, because it wasn't all that wonderful, and living a lie will absolutely drive you crazy. It did me. Try as much as you are able to be totally honest with yourself. It can be unbelievably hard, but the benefits are so worth it.

Stay in touch with the folks here. Although few remain from when I had my terrible time, the ones that are here now are just as wonderful and caring.

Good luck, and hang in there!

Rick

It is better to be a free bird than a captive king...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information