Thread: Please PLEASE help me

Please PLEASE help me

Please, please please can someone tell me why I only have a normal bowel movement when I take pysillium husk/fiber and when I stop reverts back to loose. With the above I get no trapped wind or issues but as soon as I take fiber all ok. My doc says it's my anxiety coupled with IBS. I have chronic health anxiety and live a life of misery daily. X

Re: Please PLEASE help me

Omg I'm living your life right now and it's a very sad one. I have loose stools all the time and convinced I have everything really bad. It's the worst ever. What happens when you don't take the tablets?

This has been my life for the past 8 months, although things have been improving bit by bit. It's a horrible thing to have anxiety over.

I think your doctor is right, ibs and anxiety are not a good mix.

Hello guys, thanks for replying. I'm sorry you're both going through your own stuff too. It's debilitating and crippling and you just don't believe anyone but your own thoughts. I take a powder supplement called Pysillium Husk which is the more natural version of fybogel and similar. My doctor told me that if anything goes back to normal with a fibre supplement​ then it's very reassuring because serious stuff doesn't respond and he's not concerned. He felt my tummy and asked if I had blood and I said as before if I go a lot yes but once I put annusol suppositories or cream it stops so this again reassured him. He said that I can have a blood test to check my thyroid and for aneamia because that's normal for bowel changes to do but again wasn't worried. I had the CA125 ovarian cancer blood test and scan which were normal aside for a large from fibroid always had. This last year I've had a breakdown, crisis team to my home, developed phobia of eating due to aonths worth of severe stomach acid which I thought was serious, am on waiting list for one to one cbt, have had to have ultrasound and mammogram for breast lumps, addicted to benzos which was hard to come off, very poor diet, only eat when my gabapentin kick in due to severe migraines, I'm a shadow of myself although always had mental health problems. Diagnosed ocd with severe health anxiety and bpd. So you can understand why I am like this and why I don't understand why my bowels need fiber to be normal. Oh and have had problems with rats and noisy neighbours to boot. 😔😔😔🤕

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Im on citalopram and propranolol too. Im also on mini as before mini pill periods went funny and then I panicked about post menopausal bleeding in future so as you can see I'm severe and it's horrible so I am worried about bowels. I'm so sorry for all this and love to hear from others and how they cope xxxxx

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:21 ----------

Forgot to add few weeks ago developed lots of eye floaters suddenly and flashes one eye and optician sent me to Moorfields eye hospital as urgent as I'd had a PVD which is your jelly coming off the retina so that was another fun day out and with anxiety I can't travel far and had to bus it there which took an hour with my dad - another fun day out 😂

I'm here if ever you want that chat x

Hi, I just wondered how you guys manage in general with it all as I will gone off on one saying all my stuff xx

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Hi, I just wondered how you guys manage in general with it all as Ive gone off on one saying all my stuff xx

I know this thread is extremely old, but I just wanted to say I've had the same thing happen to me - loose stools that go completely normal with psyllium husk supplement.

I think mine started about the time we were moving house with 2 young kids so it was extremely stressful to say the least, but I'm not sure why it hasn't gotten better since that time. I did see a GI doc recently that said it was a very good sign that it responded to the fiber and that if something sinister was going on it would probably not help at all.

Just chiming in to say this is most likely an IBS thing or a variation of normal!

Thread Information