Thread: Alcohol and Sertraline or returning anxiety?

Angry Alcohol and Sertraline or returning anxiety?

After a bit of reassurance really. I've suffered with panic disorder with agrophobia for going on 8 years. In the past 6 of those years I've been slowly improving. I can go out alone locally and will even venture into un known places with a safe person. I've been on sertraline these 6 years. I've had 2 children and breastfed them both so I've been quite well behaved, not drinking or smoking. Lately now the kids are bigger I've been having nights out drinking and ive started having bad days. And of course then obsessing about thoughts that panic is coming back. And worrying about worrying. Health anxiety and convinced I'm losing my mind. Could this be effects of alcohol and my sertraline?? Has this been the case with anyone else? If I jib the booze off will I got back to feeling like I was on the mend? Please someone say "yes. Just wait for the meds to take control again" ��

Re: Alcohol and Sertraline or returning anxiety?

Most all psychotropics recommend abstaining or limited consumption. While some do Ok with a drink while taking meds, if you're posting about a negative reaction, then unfortunately you're not one of them. The fact you had no issues prior affirms this.

So Yes... stop the drink and give the meds a chance to take hold again.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the response. I have had the odd drink in the past few years but not like I have been doing the past few months. Now to keep telling myself it'll pass x

Alcohol is a major trigger for anxiety and depression for many, many people. More so for those who have previously suffered.

Personally, I just take the stance that alcohol is not something I use any more. Problem solved.

Thread Information