Thread: Parents leaving to go on holiday

Parents leaving to go on holiday

Hey all,

I am a 22 year old student that lives at home. My family are leaving to go on holiday in a few days for two weeks, leaving me home alone. Even though they haven't left yet, i'm already panicking so much, dry heaving for the past 7 hours, loss of appetite, my chest hurts and I cant control my tears. My panic attacks/anxiety episodes normally last for around 5 hours.
    I've never been independent and I never really reach out to people.
    Someone suggested medication to reduce the effects, but I don't know if its a good idea.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Re: Parents leaving to go on holiday

Hi Ryan Heck I am sorry to hear this, your parents seem to go away a lot judging by your posts. Do they not know atall how it makes you feel? While I don't suffer anxiety I do get depressed when I am on my own so in many ways I understand So feel your pain
    Do you have trouble meeting new ppl and have a low self esteem too? Most nights I sit in on my own and it gets to me big time. Cheers

Thanks for the reply Bigboyuk,

They know I worry a little, but honestly my parents work hard to be able to go on holiday and I really don't want them to worry and just enjoy themselves. I do have trouble meeting new people as well. The last time they went on holiday for one week, I had a panic attack which lasted for 5 hours after they left, but I was able to adjust after the panic attack. This time, however they are leaving for two weeks and I'm already experiencing symptoms and I'm scared that I won't be able to adjust this time around.

Np Ryan Can you not put the same measures in place this time that helped you through it? Re meeting new people is it because you were bullied or teased at school or some thing else? You know for me half my problems go away when I have some company. Feel free to pm anytime Cheers

Thread Information