Thread: Can't be heart related....can it?

Can't be heart related....can it?

Im in my late 20s and along with daily PVCs that I can feel, I have started getting these episodes of tightness in my upper chest, radiating into my neck and jaw and even up to my temples. It seems to vary in intensity and comes in waves.

Yesterday I had it in the morning. I then went out and played a very vigorous 3 sets of tennis, and didnt feel a thing. After the tennis, the tightness was still gone. But then later after tea, it came back again.

The fact that exercise seems to make it BETTER if anything has me seriously confused. If this isn't heart related, what is it???

The pain is like a constricting discomfort, a bit like having a blood pressure cuff inflated on your arm. I do have high blood pressure but surely this would get worse with exercise??

Help please!!

Thanks

Re: Can't be heart related....can it?

According to the info I have come across, exercise negates ectopic beats for a while. I ahve been doing 3 1 hour walks a week and this has helped me a lot.

Yes it does come back after a few hours for me anyway but even so, it does help in the day to keep active

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Re: Can't be heart related....can it?

Hi Skippy

Maybe you are suffering from Chronic Hyperventilation as that could explain your high blood pressure and all of the other symptoms you describe. The tennis game would help break the cycle so would explain that you got a lot better. On resting your breathing pattern would speed up and bring back all of the symptoms and sensations. Please dont under estimate what control faulty breathing patterns have on anxiety and cardiac symptoms. I hope this helps.

Thread Information