Thread: DHEA and cortisol levels

DHEA and cortisol levels

has anyone tried taking DHEA for anxiety and depression ?? has anyone had there cortisol levels and hormones checked by their doctor ?

GPS are too quick to give out antidepressants and other medication for our symptons i wonder how many of our anxiety conditions are caused by under lying hormone imbalances ....

I am going to a specilist endocrinology doctor next week and i want every hormone test their is .... after 10 yeears of antidepressant medication ive had enough i am trying another avenue ..

i would like to hear any similar stories from you guys

Re: DHEA and cortisol levels

Hi there. I've just recently come back from the doctors after I mass of blood test results came back. It showed my THS levels were low, but my thyroid T4 was normal. (i suffer with hypothyroidism). so my thyroxine has been reduced now. Itll take a while to see if it has any effect on my anxiety and my health, but basically my whole anxiety problem could be caused by hormones.
    I had a full blood count, but im not sure if that would test for the things you mention?
    In the past I was injected with something to test my cortisol or adrenaline response. It was a long time ago, and I cant remember XD

Re: DHEA and cortisol levels

I would love to hear how you get on with the endocrinologist Freda. I would like to see one but haven't plucked up the courage to ask for a referral because I know my GP would just think I'm being difficult x

Thread Information