Thread: Tenderness ,Pain and Strange Feeling On Head

Tenderness ,Pain and Strange Feeling On Head

I sort of ask this yesterday and apologize for asking again ,But I woke this morning sitting chatting and the tenderness I had yesterday turned into a kind of pain..it pulsed maybe ten times and then went back to tenderness.I have isolated it more or less to a ridge that runs with the scull around the midlle to lower area going towards the back of the scull.It hurts when I turn my head and also its uncomfortable laying on that side.It also bothers me when I comb my hair..It seems to be more associated with movement..It could be muscles or nerves or something else ..Not sure but wondering about it being associated with tension.I have heard anxiety and stress causes issues kind of like this..The left side of my face feels funny but could be dryness and maybe its nothing at all,but I don't even trust my judgment anymore because I never know if its anything to be alarmed about or just a run of the mill thing.The reason this bothers me more than anything is its the side that I hear my pulse in the most..I just wonder if there could be an artery problem there or maybe its just all muscles and nervers.. Please anybody with any ideas post me here .thank you all in advance..constant worrier...Michael

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
    with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid,
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power,
    and may people think of befriending each other.
    May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
    the children, the aged, the unprotected--
    be guarded by beneficent celestials,
    and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

I was just going to say to anybody that read this ..ok ok think i found the answer..I was reading about tmj which i have.No one ever told me what this causes>>Geez it could be the root of a lot of my problems it even says people with this are treated frequently for depression anxiety because the doctors think thats what the symptoms are because there are so many of them some not so pleasant so it could be the root of just about everything even the hearing the pulse..So if you are in doubt look it up or email me and i can give you an infomative link. thanks

Ok..sorry to bother anyone about this all ,but still dont know what to make of the sweets thing but had our nurse friend stop by and we were talking..Come to find out she didn't know i had tmj..She said thats it...Right here and now almost everything you have ever told me your felt is attributed to that.Its a not a minor condition and even causes depression..So well just thought I would mention that to anyone that has read my post that would find they had the same symptoms.Its even been known to commonly cause hearing my pulse as wel ..so I guess that solves everything except knowing my heart is ok .. thanks for writing and responding and your thoughts..

hi michael,

i been having alot of tmj problems...the symptoms i get are head/ear/eye/jaw pain sometims the left side and sometime right sided.

tmj is mostly caused by bruxism i think.
    i pretty sure my tmj started ever since my anxiety started and is a result of teeth clenching...i use to do it all the time during the day and even in my sleep...hence the pain use to always be worse in the morning.
    maybe ur clenching or grinding ur teeth...some people do it witout even realising it. and if ur wake up with the pain then ur most likely are grinding or clenching.

im trying hard to get my self out of this habbit...ive stoped the teeth clenching during the day im jus hoping in time this habbit will stop wen i sleep as well...

u could go to the dentist if u suspect u are clenching your teeth, they can have u a mouthguard made to wear at night...some people on this forum have told me that they used the guard for a while and it helped them get outa the habbit.
    ive recently got my mouthguard...jus hope it helps...

if u ever need any advice or jus want to talk pm me anytime i knw how horrible tmj can be.

take care

sam

Thread Information