Thread: Reducing dose - advice please

Reducing dose - advice please

Hi

I am currently on 40mg and have been now for about 10 weeks. Unfortunately I don't feel any better than when I was on 30mg or 20mg. Recent advice has said that maybe citalopram just isn't working for me this time round and that I should try venaflaxine.

Is it possible that I am getting increased anxiety on this higher dose?

Is it advisable to reduce down to 20mg straight away or should I take 40mg one day and 20mg the next for a couple of weeks?

Thanks

Re: Reducing dose - advice please

hi I was like you been taking 40 for 12 weeks and felt flat and anxious and my daughter's weren't happy me being on them as they said I was not me. so I decided to go down to 30mg for a week then I am down to 20mg since last friday touch wood I feel better. but I know that when I took them last sept 2010 thy made me worse and although I did get better after 6 months on them and because I was better I just stopped them cold turkey. My god I was bad, but I now know it wasn't my anxiety but it was the AD that made me so bad. So coming off them now I was prepered for the s**t time I was going to go through but upto now I have been ok mornings are a bit scary but I just talk to myself and say come on now this is not going to beat you and I give myself some positive thoughts just what Claire weeks says in her books. Don't be bluffed by a negative thought why not put a good one in its place. Not easy I know. Please don't follow my way of reducing your cit. But that's what I did. I may stay on 20mg I don't know yet. I will see how I go. Good luck. oh And I had to go to dentist today to have two fillings redone and be fitted for a gum shield as the side affect of the cit is jaw clenching and that is the pits soooooo painful my head jaw neck shoulders pain like mad. Let me know how you get on.

Cathy xx
    Last edited by cathycrumble; 12-10-11 at 17:06.

Re: Reducing dose - advice please

Hi slowfish, that's how i felt o n the higher dose too, did not feel any better, jus higher anxiety and more tired, i have cut down very slowly just 5mg at a time to just 30mg now, have not had ant real problms reducing slowly, but do geel better for it, the buzz of the meds have gone if you know wht i mean,mmaybe try cutting down before you change meds, take it slowly, i cut down every 4 weeks, and as i say have not had any real problems good luch will speak soon xx

Thread Information