Thread: Week one on citalopram

Question Week one on citalopram

Well I have now just had over a week on meds. I gave had a few side effects nausea, indigestion and feeling like a hangover in the morning. Yesterday felt like my old self but was really tired so much so I slept for about 11hrs! Then I woke feeling sick and anxious! Has anyone else had up and down days at the start? Been feeling pretty good last few days too.

Re: Week one on citalopram

I've only been on them for 5 days, and am finding that my anxiety has gone through the roof. Am also shaky, get awful stomach cramps, and have a really deep muscular ache in my back and thighs. How odd?

Dont worry guys- this is all normal suff your experiencing. The side effects will settle after a week or two. It just takes a while for your body to get used to it. Im on week 6and feeling lot better. Perservere and remember it will pass-and it cant harm you. your on the road to recovery..

cheers

im on day 10 and dont get many side effects anymore but im more up and down than i was to begin with!

Yup, the first few weeks are a roller coaster, to be sure!

The thing to remember is that, as you get further into treatment, the bad days become fewer and the better days become more.

I'm 3 months into taking Citalopram and have built up from having 1 or 2 good days in a row, to more than a month now without that horrible anxious feeling.

Try not to dwell on the bad days - tell yourself they will pass, grit your teeth and go about your business. The more importance you place on them, the longer they'll linger.

Thanks everyone for your support just so annoying as been on good form and then a dip today but at least I now know it's normal to expect this in the early days! Thanks again.

I'm on day 4, side effects so far are nausea, indigestion and feeling really tired (just as well I'm taking them at night!)

I'm worried the nausea and indigestion isn't going to go away since I already get it a lot, the citalopram has just made it worse!

Thread Information