Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cipralex/escitalopram

Cipralex/escitalopram

Hello everyone,
    I havent posted for a while, since i started to take medications 9 days ago. I feel like cipralex has made my symptoms worse...
    My headaches and painful eyes are a demoralising nuisance and my general anxiety has definetely got worse. I feel like I'm on a knife edge and the slightest problem makes me feel really desparate. I guess it is bothering me so much because since starting the medication I feel as bad as I ever have. It's meant to help!!!!
    I know you have to give it time, certainly sarah got worse before she got better and cipralex has helped her now so much. I guess after a week and a half I'd expected to see improvements, not the other way round!!!
    Well i have to put my faith in time...
    tc everyone,
    ed

the motion keeps my heart running

Dear Ed, I have been in Cipralex about 6 months now, and for the first 3-4 weeks, I was awful, anxiety, worse, and agitated all the time, infact I was in and out of bed for the first two weeks, but have stuck to it, prior to that I was on the sister drug to it, Citalopram, and the same thing happened, It says that it takes time, I still get headaches, but most of the SSRI drugs give one headache so I am told, which is a real bind, but at least give them a try, from Blossom

Hi Ed

Sorry you are not doing too well. It does seem crazy doesnt it that something that is meant to make you better makes you feel worse to start of with. I felt like you do and on numerous occasions wanted to stop taking them, but persevered and eventually i did feel better.

It does take time and i am sure over the next week or so you symptoms will calm down and you will start to feel a bit better.

Here if you need to talk.

Love Sal xxxxx

Thanks guys,
    I know youre right...i appreciate as well that you describe exactly how i feel-the whole in and out of bed thing!!Thats just how i feel, like climbing the walls!!!
    Its a matter of time sure, thanks for posting and offering your support...i promise I'll keep with it, and maybe reevaluate how im feeling after the first month.Hopefully by then the clouds in my mind will be breaking up!
    tc
    ed
    xx

the motion keeps my heart running

hello darling edward,

I know you aren't feeling too great but I promise that it will get better. I am proof!! I will do all I can to help you out!!

Sarah

Hi Ed

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too well on the medication. I am still getting the headaches too but hope they will settle down in time. I thought maybe I was bound to get them as I suffer from migraines anyway.

Try to give it a bit longer and see if things improve.

Take care.

Briary

Ed , they do take up to 3 weeks to get any benefits at all and you may feel worse in the meantime so hang in there .

Meg

Hi Ed

Sorry you aren't doing so well. Don't forget that not all meds suit all people. I took Dothiepin and just couldn't settle with it so they changed it to Prozac. They made me stay on it for several months before they would change it however.

I hope things settle down with you soon.

Big hug.

Nicola

Hi guys...
    Thanks for replying...I know its early days and I hope in time I'll see the improvements. It's just that right now that seems so far off! Im certain I want to see this through and give it a chance, cos right now i feel so bad i'd try anything.
    Thanks for your support, I'm hoping for the best!
    ed
    xx

Hi Ed

Persevere for a bit longer and hopefully you will feel a lot better. Totally appreciate how you are feeling and know how hard it is.

Hang in there mate for a bit longer.

Love Sal xxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information