Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heavy tight chest

Heavy tight chest

Was having such a good week, then while doing a tape in bed this morning got a heavy tight chest come from nowhere wasnt feeling anxious, but instantly got scared, now after seeing an artical in the paper today about angina it says you get a heavy feeling and tightness in your chest I am terrified. Have had this loads of times before over the years but so scared this time it will be a heart attack.

Barb xxx

Hi Barb,

We don't always have the anxious feeling when the anxiety symptoms hit us. Sometimes we can be anxious without even realising it until one of the symptoms arrive, and as you know the tightness of the chest is one of the classic anxiety symptoms.

Don't let it get to you mate, otherwise it will carry on, tell yourself this is just my anxiety, and it wont and cant hurt me.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hey barb, just wanted to reassure you that its very very unlikely there's anything wrong with you. Especially if you've experienced these feelings before, there's no reason this time should be any different.

I've experienced the feelings of a tight chest also so i know how scary it can be. If it's really bothering you maybe you should go to the doctor just to get some reassurance that everything's ok. I always find it helps to see my doc if something like that is bothering me.

Hope this helps, if you ever need to chat feel free to pm me.

Lots of love becca xx

Thanks Trac and Becca

Feels a bit better after drinking some soda water. Have a phobia of Docs, always envy people who can get reassurance by going, but do phone him occasionally.

Luv Barb xxx

Hi Barb,

I think I saw the same article you are referring to (Mirror?). This was, (sometimes still is), my main trigger. It caused me minor reactions today.
    It does say at the bottom of the article that there can be many other reasons for the tightness as well but they don't make that as clear as it could be.
    However, I know how horrible it feels reading this stuff. Before you can even gather yourself you spin out and get all the symptoms. I went through a period of just not reading papers or watching TV. One of our employees always brings in the Mirror though and leaves it on the table and so I sometimes find myself flicking through at lunch. :(

Hope you are feeling better?

Cheers,
    Trev

That was it Trev The Mirror I only read the angina bit didnt dare go any further. Feel much better ( as i said in previous reply ) after drinking tonic water its taken the pressure off. That was a good tip from Meg if you havent tried it Trev.

Luv Barb xxxxxx

Meg's already slapped me into shape previously regarding reading this stuff!!

I used to spin out completely at the slightest glimpse of anything like this. Now I can read the whole article and just get a very minor reaction like minor dizziness or slight sweat. Still don't like reading this sort of stuff though. Today was a good test again though I suppose.

Stick with it Barb it will get better

Cheers,
    Trev

Well done you both. Hurrah !!

Trev, maybe I should send you some anxiety provoking graded articles next ...simulated practice lol

Barb - had you already had breakfast ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

No Meg I hadnt it was only 5.30 thats what worried me. I occasionally get it when laying flat ( which I hate doing )

Barb xxx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Trev, maybe I should send you some anxiety provoking graded articles next ...simulated practice lol</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Don't know what they are Meg but they sound nasty!! Sounds like something that should be on "I'm A Celebrity....."

Cheers,
    Trev x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information