Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: i feel like im dying when i try and sleep!!

Re: i feel like im dying when i try and sleep!!

omg this happen to me last night its the weirdest feeling ive ever felt. its like im fying or passing out and if i get too deep into it i cant move or anything (terrifying) this happened about three times last night.I THOUGBT I WAS LITERRALY DEAD!! after i woke up once i wrote a good bye letter to my family and friends i was so convinced i was dying. whenever this happens i cant move at all and i feel like im not breathing. ive had panic disorder for a little over a year. let me know if any gets this feelin p.s sorry for the typp im at work

Hi I have suffered from this for 14 years, and it usually happens when I'm very stressed, very tired or had a wine ( even just 1)
    As I'm drifting off to sleep, it suddenly seems like my heart has slowed and my breathing stops as I'm breathing out, then it jolts me awake as I'm gasping for air but as I'm still half asleep and i feel disorientated my heart is racing like mad as I'm not sure if I'm dying or dead it's awful totally understand you guys...
    I researched and also saw my doc as was worried about sleep apnea, but it's not the same thing I won't even go into the symptoms of Apnea ;(
    But it is part of Anxiety, so even though drinking is helping you I would say try not to drink as it definitely will make it worse, try sipping a mint tea before bed and do some deep breathing excersises these will help tremendously, don't worry you are not alone , hugs x

I am so glad that I've found someone who knows and understands exactly why I'm going through. The only i could explain before was the feeling of a whole panic attack but concentrated into a second, with my heart stopping and not being able to breathe (to the point of hurling in fear) when I try to explain ppl think it's the falling sensation that sometimes happen when you twitch but it is nothing like that. Does anyone know how to help that? Thanks
    Ethan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information