Thread: Constant headache for 16 days and counting

Constant headache for 16 days and counting

Hi, i've had this extremely scary headache for awhile now and it's really getting to me ruining my life. So last sept 22nd I had my first full fledge panic attack and I amwondering if it could be some after effects to it or something, but I don't know I haven't got any CT scans get or MRI's but I plan to really soon!, the pain iis dull, and mainly at the back of my head, the skull is sensative to touch top back and sides near the pressure points(It gets worse if I look up or bend down, ill feel a spike), the pain is sharp sometimes, but only when I move my head side to side really fast its like shooting pain or stabbing icepick-like and it's scaring me. I also sometimes feel like vomiting, but never do, I get dizzy sometimes and worry a lot almost having many panic attacks, but they only last for a moment, twitching occurs in my body in random places, some back neck pain as well as top as lower back. I've been seeing a chiropractor for a bit now and nothing he has done has fixed me, i'm so scared and this is ruining my life, but I worry about somehow losing control of my bosy or something and thats what basically casuses major panic attacks for me, but I have been reading on here and this on person had very close symptoms to mine, So if anyone could help please do I want my normal life back...

Re: Constant headache for 16 days and counting

Hi and welcome to the site

I have had pains in my head and neck due to anxiety.
    I'm wondering tho if you could also have something going on with your sinuses.
    Dull pain that increases when you move your head from side to side.
    I had a sinus infection once and experienced that sort of pain.
    It was easily treated and I felt loads better within a couple days
    I would suggest you make an appointment with your doc.
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelover View Post
    Hi and welcome to the site

I have had pains in my head and neck due to anxiety.
    I'm wondering tho if you could also have something going on with your sinuses.
    Dull pain that increases when you move your head from side to side.
    I had a sinus infection once and experienced that sort of pain.
    It was easily treated and I felt loads better within a couple days
    I would suggest you make an appointment with your doc.
    xxx
    Sandy
    HI Thanks for the fast response, but I had an appointment with my doc and all she basically checked were my reflexes and such for the serious matters, but im not convinced im scared xD, but talking to you people makes me feel ever so much more relieved. Oh I should add one thing, sometimes I am feeling some minor pressure near the nose and also an awkward feeling with the jaw as well like its swore my headache gets a little worse then I chew, I have also been experiencing sensations that arent exactly pain, but not exactly not pain either maybe they feel like anxiety type feeling in my head at leasts thats what the pain feels like. Hmmm I could also desbribe some of the icy sensations to be the feeling of when I dentists drills into your tooth and you have that cold feeling digging into your tooth.
    Last edited by Hiyami; 02-12-10 at 06:15.

Your jaw sounds like tension headaches from clenching your muscles.
    I get that in my jaw, my neck, and shoulders because that is where most of my tension ends up!
    Have you tried any relaxation exercises?
    I get a cold pins and needles type feeling, if that is the other feeling you are describing...not painful really but more of a odd prickly cold sensation.
    That doesn't really make sense does it??
    LOL
    Anyway, if you haven't tried relaxation exercises, that might help.
    xxx
    Sandy
    Lao-Tze

Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelover View Post
    Your jaw sounds like tension headaches from clenching your muscles.
    I get that in my jaw, my neck, and shoulders because that is where most of my tension ends up!
    Have you tried any relaxation exercises?
    I get a cold pins and needles type feeling, if that is the other feeling you are describing...not painful really but more of a odd prickly cold sensation.
    That doesn't really make sense does it??
    LOL
    Anyway, if you haven't tried relaxation exercises, that might help.
    xxx
    Sandy
    Yeah, its those cold feelings....I have wii fit and have been playing it for the past couple of days now for at least an hour or 2 doing yoga exercises.....helped a bit, while I was doing them I felt some mass awkward feeling in the top and bottom of my back.

but my main concern is the sensative to touch top-back of my head and the sides as well as the tip top, the pain when I move it fast is also usually at the back of my head, but I also have a constant dull headache which is always there, and also some weird sensations sometimes sometimes burning as well, right now they are kind of tickley. x_x
    Last edited by Hiyami; 02-12-10 at 06:41.

What did the doc say about the headaches?
    Lao-Tze

They didn't say much at all, they pretty much said I should get more physical activity, but im not convinced....nope...im scared. x__xim gonna go to the emergency later on today and have them check me since i have to wait longer to see my gamily doc, which suckcs even mor eis that its my birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Hiyami View Post
    They didn't say much at all, they pretty much said I should get more physical activity, but im not convinced....nope...im scared. x__xim gonna go to the emergency later on today and have them check me since i have to wait longer to see my gamily doc, which suckcs even mor eis that its my birthday
    Though. I did not fully decribe my pain to my doc so I am also concerned that they may have not did everything they possibly could for me.

Thread Information