Thread: Help! Constant tickle in my throat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Help! Constant tickle in my throat

Hey guys, well I've had this for ages, but for the past few days its gotten worse and it wont go away! I've had a weird tickle in my throat for weeks and I feel it most when I'm breathing, its really uncomfortable. I also have the same feeling in my chest as well as my chest feeling like its vibrating or creaking when I breathe. My mum and dad think the feeling in my throat is due to drinking too much orange juice as they said it seemed to start when I started drinking it a lot, but its all really weird and I'm starting to get really worried over it, please does anyone have any ideas!?

Re: Help! Constant tickle in my throat

Hi Krystal,

I would think the orange juice would cause that tickle. I don't remember if you mentioned it to me before. It is acidic, which too much of will irritate the mouth and throat. In a sense dry it out.
    How much are you drinking a day?

A lot day, I drink about 2 to 4 glasses a day, mum told me to lay off of it for a few days to see how I go, its very uncomforatble though as it feels so weird when I breathe, but if it doesnt go away I'm going back to the doctor and I dont care what mum says. I should try those antibiotics the doctor gave me too I guess, but they look gross.

As day by day says, juice is not a good idea, it always irritates the throat, and sometimes chest too. Swap for water for a few days and see how you get on. Try the anti-biotics, I have to put mine in spoonfuls of food, I cant swallow tablets! (baby...Im 39!)
    Hope you feel better soon x

Dont worry I cant swallow tablets either, but I'm a wimp with all meds, so your not a wimp dont worry. I'll try the antibiotics though

ok, good luck with them, get well soon. (its half ten at night here, freezing, dark and raining, whats it like with you?) x

9:30am, pouring down rain yesterday, about to start again and cold, yet its nearly summer here, go figure

hahaha..I dont feel so bad now! Hey, nice to meet you. x
    Let us know how things go x

I suppose he knows best, I just find it odd to give an antibiotic when a bacterial infection has not been found. Antibiotics will kill off all bacteria good and bad. Did he do a throat swab?
    Why not try the no orange juice or other acidic foods and drinks and see if that makes the difference. And you need to give your throat enough days to calm down.

He gave me the anti biotics for my on and off sore throat, he couldnt see any problems with it so he gave me them to try

Thread Information