Thread: Chicken worried

Chicken worried

I am worrying over raw chicken :(
    I ordered some home delivery groceries and the very last bag I unpacked I notice the pack of chicken fillets were leaking and had two holes in the packaging, the chicken was packed in a separate bag but I am worried as it was an open bag and the chicken juice had spilled into the inside of it. I am now worrying about all my other groceries being contaminated?!?
    I don’t know if i should not eat any of it now. I feel really anxious now. What would you do throw all the groceries? I’m afraid we will get sick.

Re: Chicken worried

I wouldn't worry about the other groceries. Everything was seperate from the chicken, so no worries

Re: Chicken worried

Hmmmmm this is a toughie actually. Is there anyway you could just wash the outside of the packaging of the other groceries? (I don't know what was in the bag with them that the juice leaked onto, they may or may not be washable). SO the chicken that was leaking was in a separate bag, but you think the chicken juice has gotten out of the bag onto other things? I have to be honest here, I am a bit of a freak with food hygiene so maybe I'm not the best person to answer....but if there was raw chicken juice on the other groceries I would get a refund for them and chuck. The chances are you would be ok, but it would worry me as I'm a bit obsessive about things like that.

Thread Information