Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constricted breathing-please help!

Re: Constricted breathing-please help!

I just spoke with a friend of mine that had a similar issue. She went to a chiropractor and it went away! I don't know if you have you same, but this is the youtube video she sent me that was similar to have she had. I really hope this cures you and anyone else that reads this thread with the same issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyWqExssg_s

I been working on a full cure to these two symtoms for 2 years. I put it down to weak adrenals and/or chronic hyperventilation syndrome. Lets find some answers. I think most likely over breathing.
    I also get lots of tension from this and a stiff neck

Have you tried a chiropractor for adjustments Calvin? Nobody has tried that yet.

Thank you for those links, I’ll check those out this evening! I saw my Osteo last week that commented how tight my diaphragm is and how that could restrict filling the bottom half of my lungs up properly. I’m going back on Thursday this week for another go. I’m still struggling so badly. I just can’t help but worry that it is COPD. I know docs have told me very unlikely at my age and the fact I’m not coughing is a good sign but honestly I can’t get it out of my mind.

I will bet it isn't anything serious and something to do with your silent reflux or an allergy. Also your anxiety is obviously making you feel worse.

One theory could be excess gas in your abdomen pressing on your lungs, another could be silent reflux spraying into your lungs causing mild induced asthma, another could be an airborne allergy causing mild induced asthma, or you could just be having high anxiety and stress, or a mixture. Don't worry, it will go. Stay positive.

It took me a full year to recover including the time it started. But after 6 months since it started it got much better, about 80% and I could breathe fully, but my breathing pattern was consciously mildly irregular for a couple more months due to my high anxiety of what I went through.

You need to be careful what you eat (small easily digestible meals, and don't lie down or do any physical activity 3 hours after your eat, and sleep on your left side with your head slightly raised. Also take probiotics, don't wear tight clothing, including a tight bra, and no smoking, alcohol, or caffeine which includes chocolate, soft drinks, energy drinks and protein bars, and try to be calm and positive. Just take one day at a time and know that it will disappear.

I'm going to stop posting on your thread. You probably think I'm a stalker lol, but I went through exactly the same so you're very welcome to message me any questions.

I do suffer from health anxiety now after I went through it as it was a long recovery (July 2016 - June 2017) and I felt my registered GP Clinic were awful in London, but the A&E hospitals were lovely and sadly they kept telling me I needed to see my registered GP because after giving me an ECG, checked my blood pressure, blood tests, and one X-Ray, they couldn't find anything that needed an emergency. One A&E doctor did mention it could be reflux or an allergy, or both and that my anxiety was making it worse. He was really lovely.

Just to remind you I left to Asia in November 2016 and had a full check up in an international hospital. They found gastritis and silent reflux which has now disappeared so the doctor believes my case was brought on by an airborne allergy in London mixed with the pollution.
    Last edited by Lily83; 06-03-18 at 13:23.

Thank you so much Lily! I’m so grateful for your replies honestly.

I went for my spirometry today and got pretty much same result as last time. Poor technique. I literally took a deep breath in but had blown out all my breath in about 3 seconds. I burst in to tears and offloaded all my frustration at the poor nurse. She said that apart from the poor technique result that everything else looked good. She tested my o2 levels and it was 100%. She put all this down to anxiety. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND!!! I’m anxious only because of this issue! I wonder if I’ll ever get a diagnosis of something else and a cure?!!!

Quick reply. I know I said I wouldn't reply, but ME TOO! I have a poor technique with the spirometry as I get quite nervous and could only blow out fast in 3 seconds. You're fine!

And when this started, I also developed anxiety because of those symptoms. It didn't cause it for me either. Trust me, from what I went through; focus on relieving your anxiety, your acid reflux with a GI doctor, and finding out if you have an airborne allergy with an Allergist to do the blood test and skin pricking.

There's nothing seriously wrong with you and I know the anxiety and frustration of not being able to breathe fully. I'm cured after one year of hell. You will too!
    Last edited by Lily83; 08-03-18 at 12:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna3104 View Post
    She put all this down to anxiety. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND!!! I’m anxious only because of this issue! I wonder if I’ll ever get a diagnosis of something else and a cure?!!!
    You've been anxious prior to this so the "cure" is treating the illness you do have. Are you getting help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you so much Lily. Fishmanpa yes I have had a lot of help with my anxiety. I know I’m still suffering badly, currently back on Clonazapam to take the edge off my thoughts. I’m just so convinced this is COPD or similar type of lung disease. I cannot see how stress or anxiety is physically making my lungs feel like they’re closing off. It doesn’t make sense to me. If I could understand exactly how there could be a link I might relax but I just can’t. It’s not like a panic attack hyperventilating issue-this is constant 24/7 and worse when I move around and exert myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information