Thread: My brain is misreading words completely

My brain is misreading words completely

Hi all,

I am really concerned my anxiety has started to calm down and I experience less panic attacks which despite all odds almost came to a stop when I got my amazing new rescue dog (never thought a dog would work better than medication!). Anyway the past two days I have now got an alarming new symptom whereby I can look at something and then when I write what I have read down then look back to what I've read on the screen its completely different. Earlier somehow I read 2-3 as 10-12 ?! I was convinced it said 10-12 and was shocked when I re read it as 2-3. I keep stumbling over my words its almost as if I know what I want to say and can't find the words. I just wanted to see if this is anxiety and if anyone else has experienced misreading and word recall.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: My brain is misreading words completely

I have dealt with this for years! Same thing- I will stare at a common words like they are foreign to me. I will trip on verbiage. I will stumble over numbers over the phone. I will even forget names of the people I work with! This happens when I am VERY anxious. Try not to dwell on this, because you can catch every hiccup and obsess. Forgetfulness and brain fog are very real symptoms of anxiety. You are not alone.

Re: My brain is misreading words completely

Thank you for confirming it is anxiety mines started to calm down but showing itself in new ways so it’s a relief to know it is anxiety.

Thread Information