Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried that i'll never find the right medication

Worried that i'll never find the right medication

I know my thinking is irrational and i need to continue with therapy and taking good care of myself with exercise, eating right, and meditation. I also believe i am one of those people who need help with changing the way i think. I haven't found the right SSRI or SNRI to help me do this. Pristiq helped, but i could not sleep on it and it made me too hyper. I could not stop moving my legs in bed. I had weird side effects.

I'm not on duloxetine (cymbalta). I've been at the lowest dose for a month. It's not helping. I know that i need to increase it to at least 60MG to give it a chance. I'm embarrassed that i have to take Klonopin daily just to get by. I'm scared i'll develop dementia and won't remember my friends or family. I find that i am always negative in the way i think. Is this part of the depression and anxiety? My husband says I have a warped way of thinking?

Please tell me that i'll be able to get off the benzos when the time is right? i'm stressing myself out by worrying about it everyday. Thank you for listening.

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

anyone?

Re: Worried that i'll never find the right medication

Hi, I can't offer much but what i can say is, i remember when you first joined, and you sound so much better than you did back then.

Thank you. I hope that I am making some sort of progress. At least now I know I have anxiety. before I kept questioning whether or not I have heart problems. I still hate the physical and mental symptoms of anxiety, but I need to get over this.
    Thank you for your reply!

The physical symptoms have always been the worst of it for me.

You certainly can get off the benzos when the time as right as many people do, it's just a difficult experience. Members on here have done it after many years on them so you will be able to. It might take a while with small reductions.

Meds are a minefield. I'm wary of switching because of the mess the two I've tried so far have put me in so I can understand your concern over them.

For the last few days I’ve had panic attacks, which always scare me along with a general sense of nervousness. I am on week three of 30mg of cymbalta and took 20mg for two weeks before that. Is cymbakta known to increase anxiety three weeks into it, or is it just not helping yet? I’ve been dealing with so many stress factors at home so I’m wondering the mess are just not helping yet. I’ve had two days of feeling on edge with panic attacks. Im been worried over quite a bit lately. Sick child, marriage problems, work problems, etc

It's working as a SSRI <60mg and SSRI's tend to increase anxiety so it's the most likely reason. But environmental factors will add too. I tend to find with meds you just feel very different so you know something isn't like your normal anxiety.

I couldn't find any literature suggesting that Duloxetine is just an SSRI at 30MG, but i really didn't know that.
    I'm starting to feel depressed. I think the Klonopin adds to the depression. I have my psy review tomorrow, so i'll be discussing increasing the duloxetine and maybe switching back to xanax if that causes less depression that duloxetine. I just hate taking xanax so many times a day. It wears off fast.

I just got back from the psych's office and I am moving up to 60MG of Cymbalta since 30MG is not helping at all. The doc mentioned most anxiety suffers need 60-90mg to feel relief. I hope she's right! Wish me luck. I start tomorrow. Of course I worry about the increased anxiety, but I do have klonopin and Xanax if needed

I just took my first dose of 60MG and am feeling anxious about possible side effects (especially increase anxiety). I went from 30MG to 60MG. I was anxious before i took it and now i'm just worried (as usual). Any reassuring words? I pray this med will help me overcome anxiety and panic, along with CBT therapy.

I wanted to respond because although I am on different meds. I am also panicking that nothing will help me. I'm pinning my hope on the fact that I may have been mis-diagnosed all my life. If I haven't been, I don't know where else I can go with managing this horrible illness.

I really hope you get some relief with the new dosage. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information