Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: clonazepam 0.5mgs withdrawal

Re: clonazepam 0.5mgs withdrawal

Yes I'm just hoping my psychiatrist is knowledgeable about benzo withdrawal, fingers crossed.

*crosses fingers in support*

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Dependency develops after about a month of taking it. I was on 0.5 mg for 9 years (!) and I developed a psychological as well as a physiological dependency. Coming off Rivotril was the most difficult thing I'd ever done, but I did it.
    Actually, just a p.s. here, my therapist told me Rivotril causes the least dependency compared to other medication from the group it belongs to. I'm sure you're experiencing these things because you fear you won't be able to function as well without the medication.
    That's an excellent reply ana. I have been on klonazepam a year taking 0.5 mg along with other stuff (seroquel and pregabalin). I don't really feel any of my medication is working well so came off klonazepam 5 days ago. Today my anxiety was awful and I've been sleeping badly. I never imagined such a relatively low dose could cause these problems.

I wanted to ask you especially, how long did it take you to come off it? Should I go back on it or persist without it? Or half the dosage maybe?

I better add that I'm in a foreign jail and have no access to any medical support. I get my medication through the post.

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by akb View Post
    That's an excellent reply ana. I have been on klonazepam a year taking 0.5 mg along with other stuff (seroquel and pregabalin). I don't really feel any of my medication is working well so came off klonazepam 5 days ago. Today my anxiety was awful and I've been sleeping badly. I never imagined such a relatively low dose could cause these problems.

I wanted to ask you especially, how long did it take you to come off it? Should I go back on it or persist without it? Or half the dosage maybe?

I better add that I'm in a foreign jail and have no access to any medical support. I get my medication through the post.
    Actually I just answered my own question and went back on it, after reading some other threads here.

I was led to believe that 0.5 was a non addictive dose but now I know.

It makes sense to reduce some of the other medications instead but for the moment I'll give my overworked nervous system a rest.

Klonazepam was the only medication that worked for me, to be honest, so I'm sorry to hear you've not had much success with medication so far. Withdrawal is never easy, and Klonazepam is addictive, as it would appear, even on a small(ish) dose.
    It took me a total of 3 months to come off Klonazepam, but I still take it now, just only when I need it which is approximately 1-1.5 0.5 mg tablet a week.

Hi
    I've weaned off it a few times, not easy but I did it slowly. I was off it for over a year, unfortunately I'm back on .5mgs a day while trying yet another new med.
    Take care.
    Mugs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information