Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message For People Starting Multiple Threads

Message For People Starting Multiple Threads

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread, and likewise if you are posting about the same fear it is helpful if it is contained on the one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen
    Last edited by Elen; 05-02-18 at 09:15.

Re: Message For People Starting Multiple Threads

Bump

How can the threads be appropriately titled though, if they contain worries about very different things? I know many people - me included - click on the titles we can most relate to...

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    How can the threads be appropriately titled though, if they contain worries about very different things? I know many people - me included - click on the titles we can most relate to...
    Because every post, whatever the "symptom", is about health anxiety. If someone's jumped from (say) rashes to headaches to phantom smells to aches to lymphoma fear to whatever next... then new posters engaging in good faith with the new post about the new"symptom", without knowing the poster's history, will be doing that person a disservice without knowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    Because every post, whatever the "symptom", is about health anxiety. If someone's jumped from (say) rashes to headaches to phantom smells to aches to lymphoma fear to whatever next... then new posters engaging in good faith with the new post about the new"symptom", without knowing the poster's history, will be doing that person a disservice without knowing it.
    Absolutely. Hopefully this approach will challenge HA and discourage serial reassurance -seeking .

Changed to something else

Also, when you reply, you can change the title of your individual post.....as I have done here....above...

I still don't quite get it. So I start a thread about ALS, but the next day I am worried about pancreatic cancer (as I do!), should I write about my pancreatic cancer "symptoms" under a post entitled "terrified I have bulbar onset ALS"?
    Surely that is just really confusing!

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Also, when you reply, you can change the title of your individual post.....as I have done here....above...
    Oh..... Mmmmmm

jojo - that is not what we mean.

We mean threads that are giving an update on an ongoing issue or similar.

We get a lot of posts saying "following on from my thread last week ....." or "just an update on ................."

That sort of thing.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

But also if you are jumping from ALS to lymph nodes to pancreatic cancer fears then answering each topic is pointless because they are all symptoms of your HA.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I still don't quite get it. So I start a thread about ALS, but the next day I am worried about pancreatic cancer (as I do!), should I write about my pancreatic cancer "symptoms" under a post entitled "terrified I have bulbar onset ALS"?
    Surely that is just really confusing!

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

The forum's not made to be a medical forum where people give medical advice, it's to give people the best advice for their anxiety. If you're posting about ALS one day and pancreatic cancer the next your posts aren't really about ALS or pancreatic cancer as the only thing you're really showing symptoms of is hopping between arbitrary fears due to HA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information