Thread: Visual Disturbances after motion?

Visual Disturbances after motion?

I've noticed when walking the dogs (briskly) the other week than when I stopped and looked at the stone on a house, it looked like it was shrinking and changing in some way.

Also, after driving the car for a while yesterday, I stopped and looked outside - it looked like the road was stretching out (like something you'd see in a movie when something dramatic is about to happen).

I've also noticed sometimes that the ground morphs/undulates/and sometimes patterns oscillate. Anyone ever experience any of this?

Re: Visual Disturbances after motion?

I experience this sometimes too! Was it when you were staring at something? I notice especially when I'm driving, maybe it's the heat of the road, but it seems to stretch out like some kind of optical illusion, yet stay put at the same time if I move my eyes ever so slightly.

Also, when I stare at something in a dimly lit room, it feels like the light grows darker in the area I stare at and sometimes warps it a bit.

I have had this too at the height of anxiety i do think it has a lot to do with tiredness ... i did go through a spell of wearing sunglasses for a while when driving and watching tv and on the comp .... it help take the strain from the eyes ... you are not alone and it should quickly pass

Quote Originally Posted by actualWeeaboo View Post
    I experience this sometimes too! Was it when you were staring at something? I notice especially when I'm driving, maybe it's the heat of the road, but it seems to stretch out like some kind of optical illusion, yet stay put at the same time if I move my eyes ever so slightly.

Also, when I stare at something in a dimly lit room, it feels like the light grows darker in the area I stare at and sometimes warps it a bit.
    I haven’t experienced the dimming light (perhaps I have and it hasn’t been actual light changes). I stop asking ‘did that light just dim or flicker as everyone is sick of my questions.

But yes, the road stretching out like an optical illusion - That’s what it is.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moonspirit View Post
    I have had this too at the height of anxiety i do think it has a lot to do with tiredness ... i did go through a spell of wearing sunglasses for a while when driving and watching tv and on the comp .... it help take the strain from the eyes ... you are not alone and it should quickly pass
    I know it usually does quickly past. It’s just it worries me that I’m on an LSD trip or something. That’s what it feels like Lol sometimes I also view life weirdly and people

Technically it is called The Motion Aftereffect and is completely normal.

I’ve had that happen with weird wallpaper or patters where it seems to move or does Trippy eye stuff

Thread Information