Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram survival guide

Re: Citalopram survival guide

Thank you so much for this survival guide it really is a life saver!

Started them today, a brilliant guide - thank you so much.

Initially you may experience panic attacks, strange thoughts or sensations and visual disturbances such as hallucinations or apparent movements or shapes in your peripheral vision.
    Haha, this makes me feel a lot better. I have been seeing tons of flashes and shapes in my peripherals and was really getting freaked out. Very dizzy also, can't remember if I had this before or not.

Thanks for the guide, PsychoPoet

This was great. I started Citalopram about 3 weeks ago and I started having nocturnal panic attacks (again). I stopped taking the drug. I am in a position right now that I am on a "waiting list" to see a psychiatrist. My appointment is June 3rd. My PCP prescribed me the citalopram along with .5 (once a day) of Alprazolam. Of course with the increase of panic attacks, I am using more of the Alprazolam because I have to work and don't want to lose yet another job due to this disorder. I was really glad that you talked about the derealization because that is what scares me the most. It wasn't because of the drug, it is just part of a severe panic attack. I am also glad that you talked about Bipolar disorder because I was diagnosed with Bipolar II in 2009 and BPD in the same year. It just seems that these docs don't know what to do with me. 3 different Psychiatric facilities since 2009 even though the panic disorder was diagnosed in 2004. I'm just fed up with docs, medications, and even some of the natural remedies. Right now I am trying GABA and vitamin B. Oh well, the fight continues.

PsychoPoet, I cannot ever thank you enough for posting all of this hard-won information. It has been a source of inspiration and hope as I have begun my journey out of anxiety/panic and depression. It finally got so bad it landed me in the hospital. I am working extremely hard to make absolutely sure that never happens again. I am currently on my 17th day of Citalopram, 20mg. No miracles yet but the anxiety has quieted down a bit. I am now a firm believer in the wonders of Inositol. God bless you for turning me onto that. I am currently taking it in powder form morning and night in 1g doses and two pills at lunch for a 1g dose. It really helps. Your honesty and effort to share all that you have found on your journey to recovery is a beautiful lasting tribute that you can be proud of, second only to the pride you feel in overcoming your demons. I look forward to that same triumphant feeling. Just gotta be patient, I guess. I didn't get this way overnight, so I sure am not gonna reverse it overnight. But I will do so, come whatever. Again, thanks so much.

The time and effort you have spent to help others through your extensive knowledge is fantastic and admirable and I am yet another who has benefited from reading it and want to say a big THANK YOU!
    My journey on Cit started 7 weeks ago due to anxiety attacks that came from seemingly no where and whacked me over the head?!
    I have never had anything as bad as this before....post natal depression which was similar but 30 years ago!!....and moderate depression a couple of years ago when my mum passed away...but this is completely something else and has absolutely floored me.
    After mum I was on Dosulepin for around 18 months with no bother so I didn't realise just how bad something could make you feel....that was supposedly to help?....until I started Cit...ouch!,
    After a rough couple of weeks of shaking and sobbing EVERY morning things started to pick up and for the last four weeks I have been feeling positive calmer and much more the old 'me' ......till ....two days ago.
    This morning and yesterday I woke at around 5 which I seem to have got into a pattern of doing......but have not been able to settle again with the all too familiar feelings having returned along with the shaking and sobbing .....arghhhh!!
    I'm devastated after having felt so upbeat to feel like I've slipped right back?!
    I have had a bad tum at the weekend which I'm hoping is the cause of the 'blip' as I shoved alsorts of meds down me which with hindsight was prob a bit silly?!
    I also took zopiclone for 3 nights and do wonder if I have reacted badly to them....I seem to have strong reactions after stopping meds even short term!
    Anyway...I'm sorry I'm rambling on and on.....yadderyadderyadder !
    I also am going to try the inositol but I've bought the tabs 650mg and am a little ...well a lot....unsure when/how to take them??
    Thanks once again for your brilliantly written post and the humour in it...you are obviously a very clever fella...and a fellow Northerner
    I hope everyone of us on the Cit journey can have the strength and success that you have had .....inspiring!
    Much admiration
    Pamela x

Am on citralopam 20 mg per day for GAD - can I half the dose to 10 mg every 12 hours as I feel biting coming after about 16 to 18 hours otherwise?
    Ta All x

---------- Post added at 04:39 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

Am on citralopam for GAD and once was prescribed zopiclone for two weeks for insomnia!
    My parents live in Spain and I found I could buy it over the counter there as Limovan I think - don't do it, it's a very relaxing drug, similar to valium. Do without it won't help.

Thank you - I think this might be the 3rd time I have read this.
    For me this article has a strong message of HOPE which makes it something special.

Thanks, this guide is awesome. You are awesome!

I found very useful hearing self-hypnosis audio clips. I didn't know before you mentioned it in your article.
    I discovered a few excellent free clips in the SoundCloud site (there's the app also). If anyone is interested they are in a profile named "Happy Whole Human".

Big hug to anybody who reads this!

I sure needed this pep talk. I found it right when I needed it. The Cit side effects were making my anxiety attacks worse (and I thought it could not get worse!) , but I stuck it out and today is day 8 and i FINALLY have some relief. I cant wait to see how I will feel in another week. This writing is a wonderful piece of work. I laughed and teared up reading it sometimes as it was so inspiring in my time of need. THANK YOU THANK YOU

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread Information