Thread: Lump at back of the head, starting to worry badly any advice please

Lump at back of the head, starting to worry badly any advice please

Ah here we go again, Just when I think I am doing so well something happens.

I have been proud that I not been to the doctors for months despite there being reasons why I would normally go. I have got myself into trying to calm myself down and then waiting 5-7 days and if still there going to the doctors which in the last few months has proved right as symptoms have gone.

But last night while at home I stretched and put my hands behind my head and felt a lump, its sort of hard to explain where so I will have a try, its at the back of my ear but 4 fingers width further round the back. It feels like its on the boney area at the back of the skull, I have an identical one the other side, just the left hand side one is bigger and sore to touch like a spot, I have got my hubby to have a look and he can not see a spot.

For some reason all logic has gone out the window and started to freak myself out, I am supposed to be going aay this weekend but will be pointless as I will be obsessing with this and thinking about it 24/7

I have got an appointment with the doctors but its not till after the weekend, I just am hoping to be abe to calm myself down by then. I would point out that I had no other symptoms before I knew about it, now since I have had loads. But I know this is anxiety.

Help

Re: Lump at back of the head, starting to worry badly any advice please

Hello there, this is type of thing I would start freaking out about too! The only thing I say for a little bit of reassurance is if you have the same thing on the other side it is probably normal. I have a boney lump behind one of my ears and as a kid hair bands would irritate it terribly. Try not worry about it over the weekend (easier said than done) but you have an appointment booked so just try and relaxing.
    Hope you have a nice time away.

Quote Originally Posted by Beccy View Post
    Hello there, this is type of thing I would start freaking out about too! The only thing I say for a little bit of reassurance is if you have the same thing on the other side it is probably normal. I have a boney lump behind one of my ears and as a kid hair bands would irritate it terribly. Try not worry about it over the weekend (easier said than done) but you have an appointment booked so just try and relaxing.
    Hope you have a nice time away.
    Thanks for replying beccy, I think the thing that makes it worse is that one of the lumps is bigger than the other and is sore to touch, i know anxiety makes the symptoms feel worse, but cant seem to help it.

The bony lumps on either side of the back of the head can vary in size and mine are always sore to touch where fibrous tissue joins the bone. I am sure you have nothing to worry about, and you will be fine.

Thanks mmac43, reassuring.

Thread Information