Hi

My heart thumping in my ear is driving me mad.

I have been having this symptom now for a few weeks, it mainly happens when im in bed i can feel my heart racing and the thumping in my ear realy scares me. I went in the bath the other night and when i had finished i decided to paint my toe nails when i bent down the thumping started again.

I was thinking it could be related to blood pressure but i went to see the practice nurse last week and she said my blood pressure was a little high but nothing to worry about but my pulse was fast. she as asked me to go back in 4 weeks to have my BP taken again. I have a home monitor as i suffer with white coat syndrome and have been taking readings so i can show the nurse what my BP is at home. My readings at home have been ok but my pulse can go from in the 70s to around 100 at rest. I woke up last night with this thumping sound in my ear and my heart racing and it drove me mad i couldnt get back to sleep. Do you think it could be my pulse racing thats causing this? or is it another one of those horrid menapause symptoms.

has anyone else had this before?

Many thanks in advance

Andrea
xxxxx