Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Itching. Lyphoma?

Re: Itching. Lyphoma?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post

You? You seem to just want to show up here demanding that you have cancer.
    This is a perfect summation of every one of darksides threads

Darkside,

Have you ever read other people's threads on here and immediately seen how their anxiety has it all wrong in that they are asking about something they obviously don't have?

You need to learn to apply the same to your own anxiety rather than allow it to control you.

Recently you stopped taking Fluoxetine because of the insomnia side effects. But what from there? Has your GP decided on trying another med?

As for itching, tell me about it! I have funny skin anyway but going on blood pressure meds have seen me have quite some months of itching. But please remember itching is Histamine responding and you can choose to treat a symptom like this, one that is often seen with anxiety anyway, with antihistamines. I had to when the side effects of the BP meds were bad because I was itching all day and all night, sometimes intensely, sometimes I had restless legs in bed due to it all. Itching has so many cross overs that it can be many things and you need to consciously agree this rather than feed your own bias of it being cancer x.

One reason I post here is it does give me an outlet for my fears rather than bothering my wife with them.

That's not what I asked.

Have you ever read other people's threads on here and immediately seen how their anxiety has it all wrong in that they are asking about something they obviously don't have?

You need to learn to apply the same to your own anxiety rather than allow it to control you.

Recently you stopped taking Fluoxetine because of the insomnia side effects. But what from there? Has your GP decided on trying another med?
    What's your next step? Posting here is something you need to think about, it's not just about the reassurance seeking which is damaging to your mental health but also that it's a two way street so perhaps try helping others too because you will find yourself getting more back as well. And it helps to stay out of your tunnel vision as much as possible.

I think your wife should be seeing your threads on here, she needs to be nudging you more & more to your doctors & therapists. It can be easy to avoid taking action, it's the nature of anxiety to want to run or stay in limbo fearing things getting even worse, and I'm as guilty of this as the rest. It's not so easy to avoid when you feel you are letting someone down as it can male you confront your problems more than you would on your own. It's a reason therapy can fail too, you leave the session and don't work at it.

Please remember Nic's warning re posting on contentious threads such as this

"and just for the record if I feel that someone is replying to a post just to have a dig or make a sarcastic comment I will start removing those comments and banning that member from the thread."

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Darkside,

As for itching, tell me about it! I have funny skin anyway but going on blood pressure meds have seen me have quite some months of itching. But please remember itching is Histamine responding and you can choose to treat a symptom like this, one that is often seen with anxiety anyway, with antihistamines. I had to when the side effects of the BP meds were bad because I was itching all day and all night, sometimes intensely, sometimes I had restless legs in bed due to it all. Itching has so many cross overs that it can be many things and you need to consciously agree this rather than feed your own bias of it being cancer x.
    I noticed you posted to help someone on another thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...=222845&page=2

So can you see how their skewed negative thinking is telling them it definitely what they fear?

I know. I just can't shake the itching worry. I Google'd some and read stories about people who had Lymphoma and their first symptom was itching. I just don't know what else it could be? I don't have any type of rash at all. My skin looks normal... it just itches all over randomly and it changes where it itches every few seconds, although it mainly seems on my hands or arms... some on my legs.

Ugh, it's so frustrating.

I think you’re googling the wrong thing. Do you google “itching worse case scenario”? Or do you google itching all over? Because if you did, you’d note that it’s mostly an allergic reaction or an anxiety reaction, it’ll probably clear up in a few days. You could try taking an antihistamine, or lotion.
    If you’re still itching a lot after 2 weeks, go and visit your doctor. Same with all your other symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already have been itching for two weeks. Unfortunately it sounds like chronic itching is often associated with malignancy and articles I read encourage doctors to look for cancer-type causes if no skin condition is seen.

I'm so depressed. There is no other explanation for chronic itching at this point. I can't believe it. I plan on calling the doctor tomorrow to make an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I already have been itching for two weeks. Unfortunately it sounds like chronic itching is often associated with malignancy and articles I read encourage doctors to look for cancer-type causes if no skin condition is seen.

I'm so depressed. There is no other explanation for chronic itching at this point. I can't believe it. I plan on calling the doctor tomorrow to make an appointment.
    In all seriousness, how many times can you say this type of thing? “There’s no other explanation, I’m so depressed...” blah blah blah. It’s like you copy/paste your old threads and just change the type of cancer you simply must have.

Itching can be a sign of many things, regardless of skin appearance. Malignancy is way way down there at the very bottom of the possibilities.

Don’t you find it odd that you’ve literally went from being certain you were dying of thyroid cancer mere days ago and now that seems to have completely taken a back seat to your itchiness? For me it just goes to show that this “OMG I’m certain I’m dying” nonsense is simply for affect. You can’t go from believing you’re at deaths door one day to not even giving it a second thought the next.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information