Thread: My big fear

My big fear

Hi all,

I have massive anxiety concerning my heart and have become so hypersensitive to every feeling that I'm just so convinced something is wrong. I do suffer the occasional ectopic beat which I'm ok with. One thing I cannot get past are these random feelings that my heart is being squeezed (It feels like a massive muscle contraction) for a second and they scare the hell out of me. I also get alot of random upper back, neck, left arm and jaw pain. I have had a few Ekgs which have been normal and GP doesn't seem concerned as on paper I have very few risk factors (not overweight, don't drink or smoke, diet is Ok, no heart disease in immediate family) but I'm not convinced that anxiety can cause such discomfort.

I do take low doses of propanolol but this still occurs while on them at rest. Sometimes I wonder if it's my stomach contracting (causing the gripping feeling) since I'm hardly eating atm but the sensation feels closer to my chest. My anxiety pretty much evolves around my heart so each strange sensation throws me into a fit of panic thus feeding vicious cycle. I just can't seem to shake the feeling that something is wrong and it's driving me insane...

I have thought about paying for private cardio tests such as an echo ect and even had a telephone consultation with Dr Sanjay Gupta (York cardiologist on youtube) who also wasn't concerned based on what I had told him. I just feel like as I haven't had all the tests that maybe something hasn't been picked up on.

It feels like an obsession now, trying to find something to stay a step ahead...should I really be trusting the Drs based off their minimal testing? Can they really tell if something was wrong? I just can't accept this when it is making me feel so crap..

Any advice is appreciated.

Re: My big fear

Hey there I have severe anxiety...and my grandmother is going to die and am soo afraid I can't predict my reaction.....I don't what to do

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Hey there u know .....i have got the same sensations that you described it's unbelievable how similar to me . I knew exactly how it feels like to have massive palpitations ..they seems like drums playing constantly into my ears especially when I want to sleep ...also the pain chest ...its really exhausting...and worst part in the "the thoughts " they make me feel like am going to be insane..because they can't stop it's like my mind is playing the same scenario " its an heart attack ". "You are goo to die " it feels like u r stuck in this infinite cycle of thoughts......all I wanted to say is your not alone in this..

Thread Information