Thread: Having a wobble

Having a wobble

I had been on 45mg mirtazapine, unfortunately it wasn't working for me, I was just tired and hungry all the time and I didn't feel it helped with anxiety/depression.

I've tampered down to 7.5mg, I'm not sleeping very well at all and my anxiety has dramatically increased.

I'm feeling quite lost as to what to do. Having a right wobble and frustrated with medication.

Any reassuring words on coming off this med?

Re: Having a wobble

You say it didn't help with your Anxiety/Depression but since you have reduced you say that your anxiety has dramatically increased.

I would say that the Mirt was working better than you thought it was so perhaps coming off is not such a good idea ?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Speak to your GP/psych about how you feel, so you can be given the option to try something else - or, if you've decided to go med-free, a proper taper plan. It will mess with your head if you simply reduce the dose and try to go it alone when there is help and advice available out there.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Maybe see your doctor and see if there is anything else that might help you. Best thing to do really.

Thanks Maca44 I did consider that yes perhaps the mirtazapine was helping with the anxiety more than I realised.

I'm swapping Mirtazapine for pregablin. Just need to stop the Mirt without totally loosing the plot �� I'm happy with the plan, it's just harder than I expected.

My CPN is holiday at the mo so I'm on my own for the next few weeks.

Thanks for the replies

I know from experience that when I think the meds are not working I just forget how bad it was before I started them and its not until I reduce them or stop taking them it all gets bad again.

I hope your new meds get to work soon, horrible isn't it when anxiety returns.

Just to update I've managed to ditch the Mirtazapine, I'm having awful insomnia but I'm really glad to be off this med. I know it works for others but for me this med did not suit at all. Dropping from 45mg to 0 wasn't much fun, but hooray it's done!

Well done CJN

Can you give more detail as to the withdraw and how you went about it please. I am going to stay on it for a while but it's good to know how others came off for when the time is right for me I made the big mistake of coming off Zopliclone cold turkey a while back and it was horrendous.

Glad your heading in the right direction.

I reduced by half a tab per week, so reduced by 7.5mg each week.
    I've been taking zopiclone for 13 years now and don't think I'll ever manage to kick it but that's next on the list to go! Well done for getting through it even if it was horrendous. Coming off the mirtazapine wasn't horrendous, it wasn't fun and I literally haven't had a good nights sleep since I started reducing, I did have a peak in anxiety. I'm glad I'm off it. My appetite has decreased so hopeful I will drop some weight.

Thanks for the info.

Yes defiantly don't stop Zop cold turkey that's for sure. Yes the only real issue I have with Mirt is the carb cravings but just put myself on a diet in the hope I can get some control back but Mirt is working for me well, so far.

Thread Information