Thread: Sertraline

Sertraline

My anxiety level and negative thinking has become controllable over the last few days.but still struggling to sleep.i am on 16 days on increase 150mg.8 weeks on 100mg.any advice would be appreciated

Re: Sertraline

It took about 10 weeks to start to feel the benifits of sertraline. So it was not a quick fix unfortunately. I was given 0.5 mgs of klonipin 3 times daily for the first few weeks to help cope with the start up effects. I eventually did not need them anymore and had no problem stopping them once the sert was taking effect. See if your doctor can add something to help for the first few weeks. I kow its aweful in the beginning. I wish you the best.

What dose are you on.did you have any problem sleeping?

I am on 200mgs...I was hospitalized for 5 weeks because i was in such a bad state. I went from one AD to another lasting 2 to 3 weeks on each and changing everytime because I was struggling so much. Yeah I had very bad insominia and have to take something to sleep. Hopefully over time I wont need that anymore.I have been on sertraline for 11 weeks now and although I have hardly any anxiety or panic attacks there is still some mild but managable depression. I hope it goes. Hope it gets better for you soon.

I have been on them 11 weeks,just gone 3 weeks on 150 mg.how did u feel when they start working.

Much more calm and relaxed. Able to go out more and work. More clarity of thoughts also. Less negative. More of a will to live. More hopeful as I had pretty much lost hope. Its been a bad year. My brother took his life in January and my Mom has cancer. It was about that time I began to spiral. I am more able to cope now.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by cmc6937 View Post
    My anxiety level and negative thinking has become controllable over the last few days.but still struggling to sleep.i am on 16 days on increase 150mg.8 weeks on 100mg.any advice would be appreciated
    You're on a high-end dose and Sert can be quite a stimulating AD so I would speak to your GP about prescribing something to aid sleep. Taking a short course of sleeping med like Zopiclone might be the answer, although it can be addictive, so again, discuss this with your GP.

Don't let sleep disruption set you back because it can have a profound effect if not dealt with.

Never Surrender, Comrade

He has already given me sleeping tablets,won't give me anymore due to becoming dependent

Thread Information