Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Re: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Doc won't prescribe those with my history of slight asthma.. in fact, he won't prescribe anything. I've gotten through Paxil withdrawals and start up fluox side effects without anything to help ease it. I'm so ready for a break. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I've heard the improvements don't start for a lot of people until weeks 8-12, then accelerate after 12. I'm so ready to feel better. This is so incredibly hard, so many times I've wanted to throw in the towel. I feel like I'm putting all my faith into this pill that hasn't really paid off at all so far. Ugh. To feel normal again.

I didnt take anything for the side effects either, but they will start to lessen. Yes its tough but you will get there, I promise.

Thanks so much

It's getting a little better. Had a good day Wednesday, an ok day Thursday and a good day again yesterday. Haven't been on a roll like that ever lol. Today is definitely not as great. Just down. But hey. I would've given anything a few weeks ago to have 3 decent days in a row! The anxiety is bubbling now today. I've acknowledged it and just trying to get on with things no matter what I feel. It's just quite annoying having those setbacks!

Sorry for the whinge. How are you doing?

How are you Bike Rider? Today is day 59 for me (8w3d), and it has been vile to say the least! The anxiety was bad enough but the raging headache I got along with it was just icing on the cake Still have hope though, since I've had some good days and everyone seems to be saying 12 weeks. Hope you're well!

I switched from citalopram to fluoxetine, no tapering just straight switch of meds. I didn't have any bad effects from ditching the citalopram, it took 3 months + for the fluoxetine to work, it has helped massively and it's the best anti d I've tried.
    Stick with it ElleEm

Thanks so much for the encouragement CJN I really appreciate it. It's definitely nice to hear of other people's successes with fluoxetine, it really gives me hope!

Today is day 63, 9 weeks exactly. Wish I was further on along in recovery, as some people get relief at 5 weeks or 7 etc.. I think for people like us who are coming off other meds it takes at least 12 weeks. It's happened to many people I've seen on these forums, you, bike rider, peachy...

I seem to be having the same blip patterns as peachy as well! The only difference is I have stuck with the 20mg this whole time. I'm just so ready to feel well again. Sometimes it feels like it'll never happen.

Hi Elle.

Sorry for late reply, but had a rough 2 weeks of my own making (very, very, irrational thoughts) and then my mother passed away.

All the SSRI's I have tried took 12+ weeks to work but they will do, give them chance. And yes I had blips too, these I think may stay, but will not be as strong and you will cope with them as the meds get to work.

You should find a difference after 12 weeks I think, if not you may need to increase, as I had too. Unfortunately the side effects start again, for 12 weeks.

The joys of mental illness.

Oh Bike, I am so so sorry. My inbox is open any time.

Hope you're doing ok Bike Rider..

Day 76 for me. I have noticed a difference these past few days, although my sleep has been regressing the last 2 as well. Yesterday couldn't sleep past 4:30 and today 3:30! What is up with that??? Really doesn't help with the anxiety either.. oh well. On with it and hoping for better sleep on the weekend!

Hi Elle.

Bit of a rough one yesterday, missed my mothers funeral because of jammed up motorways, left home with plenty of time to spare 3 hrs in fact. The journey is 320 miles, usually takes me 5 hrs, left at 8:30am funeral at 4:30pm, come 4:00pm I am still 2 hour away. I have never seen so much traffic considering my route is all dual carriageways and motorway's.

Plus the build up to it, not so much for my mother as it was a mercy it happened, 93, very frail, full blown dementia and had 3 strokes, the last taking her speech and ability to swallow.

Ok, my sleep is like yours, I wake at 4:30 without fail, I am ok anxiety wise until around 7:00 then it can kick in with a vengeance. I started to take a beta blocker at 4:30 and this helped no end, to nip it in the bud, so to speak.

Try a power nap for 30 mins in the afternoon or evening, sitting in a chair, with alarm clock set for 30 mins. This can help greatly, or set alarm for an hour and do 30 mins meditation then power nap.

If no major difference after the 12 week spot, you may need an increase in dosage and unfortunately have to go through it all again, but chin up and keep strong.

My pm is also open.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information