Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help with relapse

help with relapse

Okay so I was doing fantastically until someone gave me a new illness to worry about. Now I'm no way back completely to the way I was, but I do feel like I'm going backwards.

Usually my symptoms would go and I'd.move on to the next thing, but these pains are just not going. I'm constantly having pain in my neck, base of my head, top and side of my head (at different times). There not painful exactly, just noticeable.

Yesterday I had pain in the side of my head, temple and eye it was pulsing. Everything I've read says this is a 'warning sign' so I went to bed in.a state.

I have no idea how to get back on the wagon so to speak whilst these pains are still happening :( Any tips?x

Re: help with relapse

Ive been posting about the very same thing. Mine is all in my left side, ive been havin it for a few years tho xxx

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=145527 .... My post

Ive only been having mine a few weeks, it only lasts for a minute or so but its every single day throughout the day. Funnily enough I don't worry about brain tumors but an aneurysm instead xx

These are all classic signs of Anxiety, stress, muscle tension etc. . . . I get the twitchy eye quite a lot and its really really annoying. Its mainly when Im super stressed or if I haven't slept very well. The neck pain is most likely coming from the tension in your shoulders. I get it all the time too as well as a tightness on my scalp... Nothing to worry about ... time for a well earned massage

Roxy with pain in these areas there are two things you need to consider:

- are you spending lots of time every day looking down at a phone/tablet/laptop or spending hours working on a computer?

- are you clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth either awake or asleep?

I do spend a bit of time on phones, computers etc but this doesn't feel like the typical eyestrain I've regularly suffered with

No I dont grind my teeth or.clench my jaw x

When I get stressed, I notice that my jaw muscles go tight. If you clench your teeth and feel the points of your jaw you'll see what I mean. Sometimes this leaves a little residual pain in my jaw and the side of my head. Relax.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

It's certainly NOT an aneurysm. You'd be in pain like you wouldn't believe.

Quote Originally Posted by roxy90 View Post
    I do spend a bit of time on phones, computers etc but this doesn't feel like the typical eyestrain I've regularly suffered with

No I dont grind my teeth or.clench my jaw x
    It's not about eyestrain Roxy, it's about muscle tension. Your head weighs a LOT, and when you stay in a posture where your head is bent down looking at your phone it can cause all the problems that you've mentioned because of the extra strain in the muscles of your back, shoulders, neck, face, head and chest trying to hold your head out.

It can cause all kinds of problems, including the pains you've been getting.

Equally when you spend a long time sitting looking at a computer it creates a lot of tension in the same muscles - and it will be even worse if you're sitting in bad postures.

These days we spend so much more time at computers or looking down at gadgets that it's causing a lot of people problems like yours that they may never have had before. We're just not built to spend so long stationery in bad postures. They're calling it 'text neck' for the newer generation, but really it's a posture problem called 'forward head posture'.

It might be a good idea to give yourself a break from looking down at your phone so much, and see if it improves how you feel. Or take regular breaks while you're using your phone & computer, get up, walk about and stretch your muscles. When using your phone bring it up to eye level instead of looking down at it so much. If you'd like to see a professional, physiotherapy is the best route to take - they can assess you and give you exercises to help.

It makes way more sense that these pains are caused from muscle strain than anything more sinister. Give your muscles a break for a while and see how you get on, I bet you'll feel a bit better

It does make way more sense, however I seem to have lost all sense! Too. Much. Googling!

It's your choice what to do with the information I've given you Roxy, I hope you decide to listen and do a little work on your posture x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information