Thread: Help having a relapse

Help having a relapse

Over the last couple of months I have tried really hard not to jump to the worst case scenario and have put off going to the doctors about every tiny little thing but I can feel a bit of a relapse coming.

Since Sept last year I have been on and off feeling under the weather. I posted about a sore node which kept occuring under my arm but it always coincides with me shaving and goes after a day or so (can't actually feel it, it just feels sore) so I stopped worrying about it.

But I have noticed that every few weeks I seem to feel like I'm coming down with something, I get that bit of a sore throat, hot headache feeling and then usually it doesn't come to anything except before Christmas when I did get a cold that had been doing the rounds.

What has started my HA again is on Sunday I woke up and had an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, higher up on the left side. I can't say it's pain as such just feels a bit crampy at times. I tried to ignore it and Monday it felt a lot better but then as the day went on my stomach felt generally unsettled and I've had to run to the loo a couple of times, no diarrhoea just loose stools (sorry TMI).

Since yesterday I've again had this bit of a sore throat, headache, hot feeling and just generally feel like I'm coming down with something.

Everyone around me has had bad colds/coughs bugs etc and I know that since Sept we have been in the Autum/Winter season when bugs are at their worse. I also work at a college so come into contact with pretty much every bug going, but I keep thinking what if it's lymphoma or leukemia.

I keep thinking something is wrong with my immune system which is why every few weeks I have a couple of days where I feel like I'm coming down with something and I'm thinking flu like symptoms are classic leukemia/lymphoma signs and now I can feel myself getting in a panic.

I keep thinking that the fact that every few weeks I feel off colour for a couple of days and have this sore throat headache thing is indicative that my body is trying to fight something and obviously my mind is once again racing off to the worse possible things. I'm also thinking this left pain under the ribs is where the spleen is located and again that's making me panic that it's enlarged or something. I should add that I do get acid reflux and at the moment I am having quite bad acid so that could be affecting my stomach and making it feel a bit sore and uncomfortable.

Sorry I know this is a long rambling post just wondered if anyone else can relate to this or if anyone has experienced this kind of thing and it's not turned out to be anything serious.

thanks

Re: Help having a relapse

There are a lot of bugs going around at the moment and nearly everyone I speak to either has something or is coming down with something. Maybe try taking something like Berocca Effervescent tablets or Echinacea to help boos your immune system.

Thread Information