Thread: Really struggling

Really struggling

Hi,
    I am really struggling, I have felt really ill for the last two werk, I've had dizzy spells, missed beats, fast heartbeats feelings like i'' going to pass out and now today I have woken up with left arm pain and have had chest pains mostly over my left breast. . I went to my gp last week and he said my bp is fine and its all anxiety, he has known me fir years. I mentioned that i'm worried about my heart and he said you have been for years and have had all the tests. I feel like he just looks at my notes and puts everything down to anxiety. I feel so ill, my hubby said i need to get a grip and stop wallowing in self pity. My neck really aches too, I just feel so low, last night i cried myself to sleep and have started to self harm just to stop this feeling. I can't go on like this, as everyone said they are getting fed up with me and my symptoms. Can i really feel this ill from anxiety? I feel like i cannot even breathe properly

Re: Really struggling

Sadly, if you're self harming then yes, I would concur with your GP that this is a psychological issue and one that IMO, needs immediate intervention.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Really struggling

Quote Originally Posted by bashley View Post
    Hi,
    I am really struggling, I have felt really ill for the last two werk, I've had dizzy spells, missed beats, fast heartbeats feelings like i'' going to pass out and now today I have woken up with left arm pain and have had chest pains mostly over my left breast. . I went to my gp last week and he said my bp is fine and its all anxiety, he has known me fir years. I mentioned that i'm worried about my heart and he said you have been for years and have had all the tests. I feel like he just looks at my notes and puts everything down to anxiety. I feel so ill, my hubby said i need to get a grip and stop wallowing in self pity. My neck really aches too, I just feel so low, last night i cried myself to sleep and have started to self harm just to stop this feeling. I can't go on like this, as everyone said they are getting fed up with me and my symptoms. Can i really feel this ill from anxiety? I feel like i cannot even breathe properly

Yes, you can definitely feel this ill from anxiety. Mine got so bad that I felt ill, tired, had palpitations, and overall felt like I was on the verge of dying. I was so scared that it was affecting my daily life. I would suggest going to see a psychologist, I was against meds at first, but it all helped me tremendously over the past few years. I, like you, have had tests and always felt like the doctor was just "overlooking" stuff but I'm well and alive a few years later. I can now tell when stress and anxiety causes my symptoms, where before, I automatically thought something was seriously wrong with me. I hope you feel better and get the help you truly need, no-one deserves to be stuck in that vicious dark hole.

Thread Information