Thread: So scared

So scared

Hi,
    Well i went back to my gp today and said i'' still getting the racing heart, chest pain, dizzyness. He has known me for 20 years, and that means he knows i suffer from anxiety. He checked my bp and said it was fine and i asked him to listen to my heart and he said all was fine, but he also took my pulse and he said it was high but nothing to worry about. I glanced over and noticed him typing in the computer that it was 90, now i'm scared. He said everything is fine and i don't needs tests as i've had lots over the years and they was fine. But i cannot see that i feel this ill from anxiety my heart is continually racing my chest feels tight my arms, legs upper back all hurt and feel bruised and i get this strange feeling where it feels like i cannot breathe and as though i will pass out. He said i need more counsrlling and need to live life and be more positive he also said i need to up my dose of propranolol. Really is this anxiety?

Re: So scared

90? i had an appointment last week by my cardiologist and they did a rest EKG: 150 bpm. why? anxiety (at home it's 50-80).
    so... 90 is nothing. that's not "racing speed". calm down! anxiety can cause crazy symptoms.

If you suffer from anxiety and are at your GP having your BP/HR checked because you're at the GP because you're worried about your heart and it's ONLY 90, you should be delighted.

I'm having the exact same symptoms as you, especially the chest pain, upper back and shoulder pain. I went for a massage recently and the therapist told me that my muscles feel like bone.

If you're anything like me, going to the doctors makes me panic anyway so your heart rate will naturally be higher, but 90 is nothing to worry about.

Try going for a massage or something similar. It is helping me a little.

Thread Information