Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morning Anxiety

Re: Morning Anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Thank you Cece. My girl isn't that little now-she's 26!!-but it's always been like this. Meds are a personal choice but certainly not essential. You've just got to get yourself to a place where you believe your physical symptoms are "just" anxiety and not harmful at all and therapy could help you do that. Benzos are useful for really bad times and help you feel human again when emotions are running high and logic goes out the window but they are not a long term answer for managing anxiety. The fear factor is your real "enemy" with anxiety and it thrives on attention and hypervigilance of physical symptoms.

You can learn to manage your anxiety and I know you will, no matter how impossible it might seem at the moment xx
    I have tried for 45 years i must be going wrong with my chronic anxiety. its a part of your brain like all mental illness and if it dont want to play ball then your screwed

I've lived with it for longer than that and yes, it's how I'm wired but I still have managed to be a carer to my daughter and just have to get on with things no matter how bad I feel. I am my own worst enemy at times and know that it is my own response to physical symptoms which keeps them going.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

I do hope that your first CBT session has gone well, CeCe

fear factor???????????? my anxiety manifest itself without fear its ever present in my body and brain, its an illness just like any other but lasts a lifetime. i have a nurse that visits every week even though its only to nick my tea and biscuits, they must think i am ill or something. If your older than me 69
    do you look after your daughter with you husband has he must be retired?Carer payments stop at retirement so you must struggle. i have my wife a shed load of kids and grandkids that keep my from flipping out big time . Benzos get a poor review most AD are addictive so what the difference. ITS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I do hope that your first CBT session has gone well, CeCe
    Thanks so much pulisa. Turned out it was just an assessment so a little draining, but also cathartic. I hope you're having a good day.

Hi all...

I totally relate. I've suffered anxiety for 15 years but this morning I woke up at 6am with the worst anxiety I've felt in a long time. Finally called the dr. today and was told meds will likely make you feel worse before you feel better. I can't risk feeling any worse as I don't know if I can manage.

I tried all the exercise, drink tea, be good to yourself etc. etc. Doesn't seem to help but still, I go on.

We've all been / go through it and I think I will give a lot just to feel normal for a day.

I feel for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by broadstone View Post
    Hi all...

I totally relate. I've suffered anxiety for 15 years but this morning I woke up at 6am with the worst anxiety I've felt in a long time. Finally called the dr. today and was told meds will likely make you feel worse before you feel better. I can't risk feeling any worse as I don't know if I can manage.

I tried all the exercise, drink tea, be good to yourself etc. etc. Doesn't seem to help but still, I go on.

We've all been / go through it and I think I will give a lot just to feel normal for a day.

I feel for everyone.
    Meds are not always worse before better, even so is a route to getting better, surely that better than what you have now

Morning anxiety is bad. I get it in cycles. It's coming in now, as usual beginning September, it won't lessen now until March. Sometimes the docs are helpful, sometimes not. Then it's up to me to sort out. Family should understand by now, but they don't.

I'm sorry your family don't understand, Binashubby. I'm really lucky in that I have family support and I can't imagine what it must be like for you to be in that situation. Is yours a bit like Seasonal Affective Disorder? Or do you have some anxiety all the time?

Some mornings it takes all of my strength not to just hide under the covers.

broadstone, I feel the same way - I don't know how I would manage possibly feeling worse that I do now, that really scares the heck out of me. I feel like I don't have 2-3 months to wait for them to work, but if I don't start soon, I know I'm just prolonging it. I'm just between a rock and a hard place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information