Thread: Morning Anxiety about heart.

Morning Anxiety about heart.

I've suffered from health Anxiety for years now but the last few months it's only become worse. Over the last 2 weeks I've been going to bed extremely anxious and scared to sleep so i'll wake up multiple times throughout the night with my heart racing. Now it's caused me to spend my days thinking tonight will be my death bed and i'll be having a heart attack because of the heart Racing. I just went to the ER a little over a month a go to have my heart checked (thought the chest pain i was having was causing me to have a heart attack) and everything came back fine. Now it's become a pretty miserable train and i can't seem to calm myself down and look into reason. I even tell myself maybe your heart has been doing this longer and you never noticed and it's most likely damage and this is the night you'll go. I've got a sleep appointment to check for sleep Apnea and everything else Scheduled Sept 2nd. But i fear that the degree of my heart Racing will cause me to have a heart attack before that can even happen. I just don't quite know what to do about the situation. Who i can speak to about it. it all started 2 weeks ago when a man at my work said he has sleep apnea and could die of a heart attack or a stroke in his sleep at any time. Just looking for any advice anyone can give on how to handle the situation. Thank you for reading.

Smile Re: Morning Anxiety about heart.

Health anxiety is just horrendous and probably will never leave us but we can learn to manage it. I find by reading about this does help as it makes you start to understand the underlying cause. Read Dr Claire weeks Self help for your Nerves as it describes each feeling and gives guidance for helping to accept and treat this trait. I also use Tapping which if you look on You Tube will explain how to do it and how it works. Everything is worth a try . Also look at hypnotherapy Paul Mckenna has helped many. Many of us relate to your feelings when you listen to those who have a health issue, good old anxiety pops up and starts to play with our vulnerable minds and then it starts. Try to read up as much as you can and fill your mind with positive thinking rather than allowing that awful anxiety to overtake you. It's not that easy but you can control this with help. Also visit the Chat room on here I have found some great "friends " and it's so good to talk to others who understand. Stay strong and positive.

Thread Information