Thread: Worrying about back of head headache

Worrying about back of head headache

I'm really panicking right now. When I woke up this morning I felt fine but when I sat up I got a really bad throbbing pain in the back of my head. I took a couple of pain killers and the pain is now gone. I don't know why but it's really thrown me, I get headaches on the front of my head, around my eye, quite often but this was new and I guess I'm worried that headaches can sometimes cause nausea/vomiting and I now feel really spaced out. I'm sure this is due to my increased anxiety, rather than the headache, but I am worrying that the headache is causing the dizziness and spaced out feeling.

My neck muscles do feel really tense, and I started knitting again last night for the first time in a while and I know I do tend to hunch over and raise my shoulders when I knit so I don't know if maybe that has caused muscle tension causing the headache at the back of my head - does that sound plausible??

Re: Worrying about back of head headache

Very plausible, I Crochet and draw and have had that pain more than once. I have to spend a good long while with my head in a 'neutral' position and my other half rubs it for me, that tends to get the headache to reduce to almost nothing but I do still have a little pain and stiffness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: Worrying about back of head headache

Thanks! I feel so silly worrying about it, I think it just caused me a bit of panic when it first happened because it was so sudden, and then that caused more tension, which caused more anxiety and so on.

Hopefully if I try and relax now it will stop feeling so tense.

Thread Information