Thread: New here

New here

Hi new here but not new to anxiety:/ was diagnosed with GAD when was 16 got it under control by myself past couple months it's started up again as I have been drinking a lot past 5months after a breakup my anxiety seems to be lot worse day after drinking so I have went to the doctors told them about my drinking and anxiety has got lot worse specially day after drinking. He's gave me ssri to start taking does anyone else suffer severe anxiety day after drinking?

Re: New here

Yes I use to massively! I use to go out with my mates having heavy nights and waking up the morning after with anxiety going through the roof. I do still drink but not what I use too I have cut down alot, I know how much I can drink now without affecting my anxiety the next day.

Thanks for the reply I have decided to stop drinking altogether had to go to A&E last week because of it. Feel confused/everything seems odd/ sweating hands and feet/feel like an goung mad! So told the doctor they gave me sertraline to take I haven't took any yet as I have a pill phobia don't want them making me like a zombie anyone on here took them before

drinking heavily any time leads to a hang over . so you will feel rough any time of day. it kicks in depression to. i drank like you and finished up in hospital having my gall bladder removed so carry on if you fancy a hospital visit

Thanks for the reply ma wasn't much of a hangover feels like am actually dying can't move out of bed all day fell dizzy/like things are unreal/paranoia/ racing thoughts like am going crazy so I ain't drinking again can't deal feeling like that next day! Never use to get like that day after drinking but I think it's my body telling me to stop ✋ so that's what I have done

Hi Braindead is right and there is nothing wrong with drinking in moderation either but in your case it just caused you more problems! How are you feeling today? Are you seeking any therapy at the moment? Cheers

I've found alcohol makes my anxiety much worse. I now don't drink at all (one glass of wine in the last year)

For me drinking is a really bad idea, mixed with prescription drugs it's leads to horrible side effects.

I do miss it a little but know it's for the best

Please take note that alcohol and SSRIs don't mix very well. Every med on the "Medication" forum states to limit or abstain from drinking.

In general, the day after drinking, especially a few over the limit equals a hangover and hangovers to many anxious people are worse than death warmed over. While some may be able to drink while on meds or with anxiety, the ones posting here about it obviously have an issue with that

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 30-08-17 at 20:57.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information