Thread: low blood pressure

low blood pressure

i went to the doctors on friday and she did my blood pressure and she said it was a bit low but that dosnt matter as its normall in young womam im 26.

i think it was 90/60 she also said if i stand to long i could faint now thats scared me as i have to stand for 8 hours in my work. she has given me a sick line though but im scared now i think everytime i stand im going to faint or if im doing my housework ill fanit for doing to much.

although she did tell me that low blood pressure isnt dangours the fainting bit to me is i was getting back on track now im scared cause of this im going to lose it again.

when i do stand for 2 long i get theses symptons:

numbness in cheeks

feeling like im there but not there.

cold sweat

is this cause of the low blood pressure or my anxiety rising again.

please someone tell me i am going out my mind here.

Hi Taylor

I have low blood pressure too, and occasionally I feel like fainting too, but I never fainted, I dont think you will faint either. Your reading was 90/60, it is a bit low but not dramatic, actually its healthy!! I have had lower than that , 78/52 something like that. Its not comfortable i agree but it won't harm you.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">feeling like im there but not there.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Sounds more like depersonalisation to me, anxiety related.
    You shouldnt worry about having low blood pressure, you should be pleased !! lower is better than higher.
    If you feel faint , just sit down a few minutes, have a sweet drink or sweet snack, that usually helps. Helps me .
    Take care.
    Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Hi Taylor

I have high blood pressure so I am the opposite to you but my mum has a low blood pressure (according to the doctor) but she has never fainted because of it. They told her that sometimes if she stood up too quickly she may feel dizzy but she has never fainted atall so try not to worry too much ok?

The other things, like Flo has said, sound more like anxiety to me.

Nicola

hi Taylor,

With anxiety, blood pressure can shoot up and down quite a lot but it doesn't mean that anything will happen because of it. It's just one of the nasty side-effects..

Sarah

thank you for replys i do feel much better now after yous have written i think as well cause im thin as well my blood pressure is low.

i think the rest of it is anxeity related so i will try and not worry about it (lol) easier said than done but ill try.

and thank you again.

Hang in there Taylor - you will be fine

Taylor,

Keep your blood sugar stable with regular long term energy stuff and keep moving about when standing, a few steps and wiggling at the knees will be enough.

You won't faint when doing your house work as you'll be moving about.. bad luck , nice try ..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thread Information