Thread: pain in my ribs

pain in my ribs

hi there, i noticed last night and this morning that i have a pain under my ribs at the side when i breathe in, last night it was on my left side and this morning its on my right then it goes away, im having stomach pains and im feeling really lousy, i got a drs appointment this afternoon at 3.40 and im dreading what shes gonna say, i made the appointment cos i thought i had ovarian cancer as i was having stomach pains all the time and lower back pain, the back pain isnt there so much but yesterday i was having pains in my legs, im dreading going im really panicked and now this new symptom. HHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!love deb(newbie)

debra duffield

these are all anxiety symptoms, symptoms of tension and tired muscles that we all have. but the doc will put your mind at ease if only for a little while

i have had the things you mention many times, try not to panic

jackie

Hi Debs - you sound just like me! I begged my GP to refer me for a pelvic ultrasound last month because I too convinced myself I had ovarian cancer etc etc.

Needless to say, the ultrasound was fine!

I get frequent heartburn pains (between my shoulder blades) lower abdominal pain and back ache. On a good day, I tell myself its just plain old IBS, but on a bad day, like today, I've now got cervical cancer (the only reason why I say this is because I have my routine smear this week and it has started me off worrying).

I have learned from my psychologist that its ok to go to my GP once with a problem, but if you go again and again for the same problem, the constant reassurance justs feeds the anxiety cycle. So you MUST believe your GP when he/she puts your mind at rest!!!!

We need to learn to trust and reassure ourselves. Hark at me!! Maybe I should practice what I preach!

Take care

SB

It's so good to hear that people have EXACTLY the sane worries as me! This time last year I told myself I had IBS and cut certain things out of my diet - I was alright for a bit. It started when I had come off the pill and found my periods were only two days long and we started trying for a baby and had no success as soon as I thought we would (still not pregnant!!):(

My back pain is on the left but it feels like it's related to an ache that I have in my leg, on and off. It's not always there and it doesn't seem to be triggered by anything. And now I think the pains I've been having in my abdomen for a YEAR, on and off, is ovarian cancer. I've had bowel, cervical, skin and breast cancer in the last twelve months as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's crap, isn't it? I just hope that it all fades away when I eventually get pregnant cause I'm sure that's what started me off on this cycle of worry!

Thread Information