Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WEIGHT LOSS ON CITALOPRAM

WEIGHT LOSS ON CITALOPRAM

hey guys I really need advice as I'm getting very worried. I'm 5ft 3" and used to weigh a fairly healthy 7 stone 12 pounds but since taking Citalopram I've dropped down to 7 stones 3 pounds. I'm steadily losing weigbt at about 1 pound per week. This is even though I'm drinking high calorie drinks to try to avoid it. I'm not sure I wnt to be taking these drugs anymore as hey don't seem to help my anxiety much at all. They got rid of the depression but the anxiety is still debilitating. My GP dismissed the weight loss as unimportant but it's worrying me. He says it's likely to be the drugs but said I'd be a mess without them but I'm a mess with them too.

This sounds just like me!Im 5,3 and was 7,12 and im now down to 7,7 and it really does get you down i no.I have also mentioned to my gp and she does not seem to worried at present time.How long have you been taking them?i have been taking them 3months and am getting smaller and smaller!!!

I too lost lots of weight whilst taking citaolpram I went down too 8st 7lbs.
    I no longer take them and i'm up to a respectable 10st(ish)[:I]

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">This sounds just like me!Im 5,3 and was 7,12 and im now down to 7,7 and it really does get you down i no.I have also mentioned to my gp and she does not seem to worried at present time.How long have you been taking them?i have been taking them 3months and am getting smaller and smaller!!!

<div align="right">Originally posted by Bong - 18 June 2006 : 18:51:33</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Not sure how long I've been taking them actually but my weight has gone down and down and I feel like I'm fading away! I think I'm going to ask my Go to put me on something else because if I carry on losing weight I'll be ill and my periods will stop.

So how are you thin people out there today?Im feeling cr.p.The meds were working but have had a bit of a blip this week.xxx

Hi Bong, well I as a thin person is not doing to bad, apart from losing two pounds in just one week!!! we all have blips so don't worry.

Polly x

Wow, I wish I was actually on your side of things guys, I've put on 2 stone since taking Citalopram! [:O]

My diet intake, activity levels have stayed constant, and up from 10st 2 to 12st 3!!!

I cant believe the different effects it can have on different people

Hi,

i'm loosing weight on these as well - thought i was going crackers because i expected that they would make you put it on.
    But i'm happy about it because i need to loose it. Don't think they are helping with the anxiety though.
    anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Well yes iam getting thinner and thinner!I have been most upset today as i have been trying clothes on for a night out with old friends on sat and i just look terrible.A black pair of trousers that have always looked nice are baggy as hell.
    And i was onlY 7,12 to begin with,Im now 7,6 if that.My legs are like sticks so much so my sis was honest with me about not wearing a dresss which im thankful for.People that are over weight dont seem to realise how difficult and upsetting it is to be looseing the weight,its not nice really it isnt.I feel like a walking stick.
    And i bet on sat people will say owe arent you thin and that will make me paranoid.So the next person to say it to me, im going to say owe have you put it weight on.I known i sounds harsh but maybe if i say this they may understand how they make me feel.
    It seems to be ok to tell thin people that they have lost weight but if you tell an over weight person they have put it on they are instantly upset.Sorry to moan but thats how my weight makes me feel.xxxx

Yes, I totally agree with you Two heads, I am always being told " you are so tiny" I hate it. It makes me feel awfull for the rest of the evening!!!!!!

Best wishes,

Polly

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information