Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Pen Pals Would you like to find a "pen pal" from this site? Enter your details in this topic. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM IS ONLY OPEN TO OVER 18's. NO MINORS POSTING PLEASE. THIS IS TO PROTECT YOU AND NMP. Please do not post your email or Skype (for e.g.) details here as this is an open forum and anyone can see them. We suggest that you contact members by PM until you feel happy about giving out further contact details.

Old 30-08-11, 22:02

Over 60 and lonely

Hi

I live on my own since July and get very lonely. I do have a friend but she just does not understand my Anxiety.

Would be nice to meet/talk to older people going through same experiences

Hope to hear from you soon

Jenny
Old 30-08-11, 22:56
Removed User

Re: Over 60 and lonely

i know the feeling .but i suppose its hard for other people that don`t have these problems to understand how it feels and what its like. it does get frustrating sometimes trying to explain how you feel to some people . its like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes .
Old 14-11-11, 10:43

Re: Over 60 and lonely

Hi Jenny,
I am 70 yrs old and living practically alone and being alone and lonely with all the typical symptoms of anxiety, agoraphobia and social phobia as well. I am well familiar with the physical symptoms such as heart palpitations, missed beats and constant tension in head and the whole body... I used to be quite active in the past as I am a teacher by profession, retired now and living in a small town nr Warsaw, Poland's capital. I have no friends here. I am a widow, husband died 5 yrs ago, sister works away from home and rest of family moved abroad years ago. I do not know what I would do if it was not for the internet and the computer... All I heard from GP when I went to the suergery with hypertension was that it was all 'emotional'. I am trying self help and am on diazepam. Would love to have a friend who understands. I am also a good listener. Looking forward to hearing from you. Take care and best wishes, Maudlin (Magda)

Tags
lonely