Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Natural Remedies Please post any message here about Natural Remedies.

Old 21-10-11, 13:52

Coming of Citalopram, looking for a herbal alternative??

Hi Everyone,

For the past few months I having been slowly coming off Citalopram which I had been on for about 3 years, I finally finished them last week.

I was hoping to find a herbal alternative I have heard a few things about Ginseng & Gingko Biloba, just wondering whether they were any good or if anyone had any other suggestions. I suffer from Health Anxiety & Depression...

Thanks Lorn x
Old 23-10-11, 21:40

Re: Coming of Citalopram, looking for a herbal alternative??

Hi,

I don't know if you have heard of 5htp, I am on citalopram now for depression, but I did use 5htp a while ago for anxiety I used it for a few months and it did help. Other people on here have said it has helped them too.

Good luck with coming off citalopram.

Take care Anna
Old 26-10-11, 08:15

Hi there!

I'm in the same boat...was on Citalopram for about three years, and sort of came off them by accident really. I forgot to take them for a few days, would have one, forget again...that carried on until it was nearly two weeks without taking one so I just decided to stop. It was hard work (the withdrawals symptons were aweful!) but I've been using Kalms since then, and they have been helping.

The jaw clenching is back, but the IBS and agrophobia no way near as bad as it once was, so I'm going to stick with it for the time being and see where I go.

Hope you find something to help

Coppereyes
x
Old 01-11-11, 13:38

I have been takeing Filsa herbal product and it really has helped me. if you do a search for it then you will find out more. it has been talked about on here and thats where i found out about it been taking it for 8 months now and its the best and i have tried so many things over the years including citalopram.
Old 01-11-11, 13:56

I must admit to being a bit of a sceptic about any herbal remedies and I hate to put a dampener on things but would the drug companies being spending millions on researching new drug therapies if there was a simple herbal remedy down at the local Holland and Barretts health store?!!
Old 01-11-11, 15:40

I truely feel that herbal products have a place and if you can find something that works then i feel that is better than chemicals. Also drug companies have but billions into the system they are in it to make money and dont really care what side effects it might be giving to people make no mistake it is a profit making business.
Old 01-11-11, 18:10
Removed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauline View Post
I truely feel that herbal products have a place and if you can find something that works then i feel that is better than chemicals. Also drug companies have but billions into the system they are in it to make money and dont really care what side effects it might be giving to people make no mistake it is a profit making business.
Thant's so true they don't care xx

Cathy xx

Tags
alternative, citalopram, coming, herbal