Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Floating stools (sorry TMI)

Re: Floating stools (sorry TMI)

Ignore that ronski guy. As you can see most people in this thread have floating stools on a somewhat regular basis.

I doubt there's many people in the modern world who eat healthy constantly enough to have sinking stools all the time.

As long as your stools come out solid there is nothing to be concerned about.

Yes ignore me if you like that's your prerogative but ignorance is bliss. I give advice to the best of my ability, I have worked in healthcare for over 33 years but obviously that means nothing. Maybe posting on these sites is just not worth the effort as reassurance to me is giving the facts that help but obviously reassurance is talking claptrap that in the real world means nothing but reassures here.

Floating stools are usually due to excessive gas. Do you get bloating, wind and stomach issues? If so you probably have an imbalance in your gut flora.

'The Bristol Stool Chart for information'.......Knew Bristol was great for shopping Ronski...but charts as well.xV

Yes Veronica, as I keep telling you Bristol is the centre of the known universe ha ha only joking, it's absolute claptrap!

Quote Originally Posted by ronski View Post
    Floating stools are a sign that something is wrong with your digestion or a side effect of medication. Your stools should be well formed and sink, have a look at the Bristol Stool Chart for information. Eat a high fibre diet and loads of fruit and vegetables and your digestion will normally self regulate over time. Alternating constipation or Diarrhoea and floating stools that do not go away quickly with a change of diet then a consultation with your doctor should be sought.
    hello

Thank u for the info, dispite following a good diet nothing changed went to gp and after a long chat it was due to being quite stressed along with depression and anxiety..

Since starting treatment for A and D my bowels have rtn to normal xx

Oh well. I guess I have had something wrong with my digestion for over 30 years, so I am hoping it can't be that serious! I don't have any other digestive problems, although admittedly my diet isn't great...

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin73 View Post
    Oh well. I guess I have had something wrong with my digestion for over 30 years, so I am hoping it can't be that serious! I don't have any other digestive problems, although admittedly my diet isn't great...
    Hello

best to pop to gp, before i was dianosed with A and D they took a stool sample had to wait about 5 days for the results and they came back normal
    even thoe I was suffering bloatiness wind cramps and frequent visits to the loo xx

Floating stools are caused by gas do you have IBS?
    Did happens all of us but if it's most if the times for weeks , you may want to ask your doc about it

Ronski, I have looked on the Bristol stool chart and I'm ok according to that, but I couldn't find anything about floating / sinking on there. Do you have a link at all?

Bobcat, I have had a sample annalysed before and had normal results. From what I've researched (have done some wider research now, not only on the net), there is a lot of variation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information