Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ache in Hip/Groin & Pelvic Area

Unhappy Ache in Hip/Groin & Pelvic Area

Hello to all. I was writing with a concern, and I don't want to go down the anxiety road...so I came here for support.

I have had some achey pains in my hip/groin area for a little over a week now. It's an odd pain that will be in one hip or the other, but not ever both. Another weird thing is that sometimes it will ache across my pubic bone as well.

It doesn't hurt too horribly, but it does ache enough to remind me that it is there.

I have tried not to Google, but it is tempting. I'm afraid that it will tell me that I have ovarian cancer or something...It's hard not to be able to share this with my friends or family because they don't understand the anxiety part of my life.

I am wondering if I've strained some muscles or ligaments...OR a couple years ago, I had a buldging disc in my back that caused weird pain, but then settled in my back where I finally ended up getting treatment...could it be back causing this weird shifting pain (but none in my back?).

I don't have any other symptoms going on & I don't feel any swollen lymphnodes or anything like that...but I am still confused & starting to worry...help...

Re: Ache in Hip/Groin & Pelvic Area

If you are ovulating or it's your period both can cause pain, cysts in your ovaries can cause a pain but tends to be more on the sharp side , to the point you would go to your doc who sends you for a quick scan.

Thanks...I know that I had cysts on one side a few years back, but no one was concerned with them...
    The ache is odd...one day it will be in one groin...the next day it switches to the other side...it's weird. It gets better when I walk around (but not in great distances). It can hurt again when I am lying down...
    I hate having this anxiety. I feel crazy & I don't want to run to the DR. for little things...but I don't want to miss anything either...
    How long would u wait until seeing a doctor about the pain

I wouldnt think too much about it being ovarian cancer as there are alot of reasons it could be that arent so serious.

Such as you could have endometriosis which women can usually live with but it makes it harder for them to have children when they get older.

If you are worried go to your gp and they will give you some peace of mind also maybe mentioning a referral to get checked for endo, as with anything I would say it would be that over ovarian cancer.

Is it ok if I ask how old are you?

I wouldn't think it to be endometriosis. My sister had that & had horrible pain & other symptoms...

I'm 31 & have had 3 children. I keep up with my pelvic exams with my gyn, but with HA I'm usually fearful that something is brewing...I started my period today, too...

I can't even explain my symptoms very well to know what doctor to go to. Like I said, one groin will hurt for a day & then it seems to swith to the other side the next. Nothing else hurts...just the groin...so strange. It feels pretty good while I'm walking around (just not for long distances...), but when I sit...it hurts all over again...very strange.

I wonder if I'm so distracted while I'm walking that I don't notice pain & when I'm still I have that opportunity to notice it...I don't know...I've decided to call & make an appointment with a doctor (don't know which, yet) just to at least be doing something about it....

I'm getting pretty tired of being so fearful of something, though...it stays on my mind all day long...I check if it hurts or if there are lumps or if it hurts if I move this way or that...It's awful...

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Well, I think that I'll make an appointment with my GP because I'm thinking that it's my bulgind disc acting up again...why else would it move from side to side and be worse when I'm at rest?
    I'm diagnosing myse, I know...but I'm so over this pain!

aww honey ((hug))

I know what you mean with the anxiety side of things. I would prob just go to your gp as they are usually pretty good at directing you of what doctor to go to.

I hope you do find what it is because I am having some abnormal pain to do with my period too and I am going to get tested for endo. But remember its so easy to worry about something so small that really it probably isnt anything at all, I know Ive been down that road and its a horrible feeling.

Hope you get things sorted soon honey

Thanks. I'm heading in to see my GP next Tuesday if the pain doesn't get better by then. I figure that scheduling an appointment a week away can give me another week to heal up if it's muscular!

Here's hoping!

My mum has bad hip pain , it's affecting her walking ! She may go to the doctor on Friday lol I've no idea what's wrong , she never had it before.
    I'm wondering if the cold weather affects people's mucles?
    Hope you will feel better soon x

Hi i am having problems down there too. I had an ache in my groin area on the left and then the area where my left ovary is started hurting. Mine hurts when i walk though and last night the other side started doing the same thing so both ovaries are hurting now. I am also like you prodding and poking and i stupidly googled and now my anxiety is through the roof. Didnt sleep last night at all.
    Hope you got sorted when you went to the doctors. I am going to make an appointment on monday.

I waited to make my appointment because I started my period this past week & wanted to be off by the time I went in...Well, this may be too much information, but I am on day 7 of bleeding...I'm hoping that I am over it by Tuesday, if not, I'll be addressing THAT, too. Of course, I am lumping these two things together now & I'm convinced that I'm going to have some ovarian tumors or something that horrible....I can't wait for relief & answers (but I hate the process of waiting for them & worrying that something is terribly wrong with me....). Anxiety sucks & the waiting (and internet) makes it worse. I'm glad that we can at least get comfort and encouragement here in the meantime!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information