Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is this anxiety

Re: is this anxiety

thanks all...........back at docs tomorrow so will see what happens. Know one thing for sure cant carry on like this, have always been so strong. this thing has taken over and has frightened me so much feel really ill but cant desribe any physical symptoms.

Oh gosh, being menopausal and giving up smoking in one go could make you feel simply dreadful......what a horrid combination Giving up smoking is great, but do you think you need to use nicotine replacement whilst you are so anxious ? Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Have you had your hormone levels checked ? I wouldn't mind betting that some of the menopausal symptoms are behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by stamags View Post
    thanks all...........back at docs tomorrow so will see what happens. Know one thing for sure cant carry on like this, have always been so strong. this thing has taken over and has frightened me so much feel really ill but cant desribe any physical symptoms.
    That may be a bit of a problem, the strong will. In some cases, or many, it helps to do your best but leave off some of your responsibilities. You are mainly responsible for yourself. So sometimes, just let it go and see how you manage.

have not had my hormone levels checked but gonna ask tomorrow, about the stopping smoking had such an intense feeling that i was gonna die and wondered why i could put a cigarette in my mouth. have only managed to get through today by quartering a 5mg diazepam and taking it when things got out of control still have a quarter left incase. in my mind the nicotine withdrawel has gone un noticed because the other feelings have been so intense and frightening.

That sounds like a lot of work. The nicotine thing will not go away that quickly, so may be addressed as a separate issue later. I still need my caffeine, as my drug gives me some fatigue. I am too calm at times!

hi all been to docs and had a long chat about my feelings, she was amazed that i had given up the cigs and said i must be strong to be able to do this when i feel so ill. might be light at the end of the tunnel eventually.

What are your symptoms?
    It is common after a virus to get something called dysautonomia or a dysfunction of the autonomic system. It could be that.
    It could be anxiety.
    I take ativan prn fr my anxiety. Benzo's are all my doctor had ever tried. I know I would do better on a long term med but I am afraid to take them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information