Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think my anxiety will go??

Re: Do you think my anxiety will go??

Hi pinkdove I thought I was giving up this morning I felt so bad shaking knotts in my tummy bauking I was a mess so went to gp saw a locum and he has given me antisickness and diazipam I came home and lay on the couch my usual position as not doing anything but i felt hungry so had a ham sandwitch. and had a sleep woke feeling nervouse again. I havnt taken the anti sickness or diazipam yet. Do you think I should try the anti sickness I do feel a bit sick as I take my prozac now at 1pm. because of a morning I have to take my thyroxine atorvastatin and amlodopine. Bloody tablets I hate them.

Did you find you couldnt do much I should be going to see my partner in yorkshire but I cant go I am too bad and I dont want him to see me in such a state. I have told him how I am and hope he understands he's ringing me after work. I know if i dont get bet I will lose him I know that not because of him but I couldnt have a relationship like this.

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Just took an anti sickness pill yiiikks!!!

Hi cathy, yes i was in such a state i could'nt get out of bed, and i would take anything to feel better.

It is a shame you can't go to see your partner, but i understand how hard it is, just rest till you feel better, and take the tabs the doc has given you, it takes time, and i know we all want to be better quick.

I found the anti sickness tabs worked well for me and lasted for hours, and the diazapam was a godsend.......as i say anthing to make me feel better.

Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks

I just went on facebook and his daughter has said on her status roll on tomorrow going clothes shopping with my dad so he didnt waste much time I thought he may of said I will come up and see you I live in liverpool.

It has upset me to think he is just going to take his daughter shopping. he must have rang her after I text him. things like this really hurt me.

Cathy xx

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Do you take the diazipam now?

Hi Cathy!

How you feeling now? There is no way I would be sitting struggling with the panic and anxiety if there is something there to relieve it. Whatever your doctor has prescribed take it. Diazepam really does calm it all down and give you a little breathing room. On an additional note, I was sitting here trying to think of everyone that I know in real life and if they have seen me panic, seen my anxiety go through the roof and. And the answer to that is yes they have. I understand that you do not want your boyfriend to see you liek this, but we all need support networks. One of the quickest ways I find to bring myself back down is being able to talk about it. So I'm very open about it. Perhaps you could think about this. I also understand that while the side effects have got you all over the place this might feel very difficult to do. Try also to remember that it is just the initial side effects they will pass. At the moment I am no longer on fluoxetine. I stopped taking it in feb last year. Everything was fine and then at the end of nov last year I had a massive panic attack out of the blue and the resulting anxiety was to hard to get under control so I ended up back at my docs. I was put on citalopram. OMG! I've never known side effects like it LOL Fluoxetine was a stroll on a beach in the seychelles in comparison to the side effects of the citalopram LOL I've been on it two months now and gone from taking 15+mgs of diazepam a day to cope down to hardly ever taking diazepam at all The one difference this time is that I became temporarily housebound. I've always been agoraphobic but not to the extent that I couldn't leave the house, go out with friends and live my life. I am currently working on that one with the help of family, friends and a support worker. Another thing that I took up this time round, I call it another side effect lol because I genuinely have no idea what made me do it, but I started sewing. I take old clothes a needle and thread and make things. I'd never sewn in my life before. It is a fantastic distraction. Nothing ever stays the same I wouldn't even have been able to type this about 8 weeks ago I feel so much better within myself already. Stick with it and stick with the tablets, stay in touch with your doctor and try to build a support network by being open and honest about it with the people in your life. You'll be amazed at how many people say they have struggled with mental health too when you open up and say it first

Take care and I hope you are feeling a wee bit better this evening

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Hi pooh I have took the antisickness tablet and a 2mg diazipam. and just laying on the couch watching tv. Still no motivation so just see what the week brings on.

I know I should do a little hobby but at the moment I just cant Did you find the flux worked well for you. I went on cit and they worked after 3 months and i stupidly came off them as I thought I didnt need them. and the side effects were bad but i feel these are just as bad.

Thanks you have been so helpful.

Cathy xx

Hi Cathy!

I think the fluoxetine was great for my depression and not so successful for my anxiety and panic. For two years every month I got a prescription for fluoxetine and diazepam. The daizepam was for 5 mgs which I was meant to take daily but never did. I took it as an as required and ended up with a huge stash of it in what was affectionately known as my 'junkie drawer' LOL If my anxiety got too high I took it and similarly with my panic. With citalopram though, for example, two nights ago, I had a panic attack and was able to implement other coping techniques without taking diazepam. Something I couldn't do with fluoxetine. Quite often finding the right SSRI is just trial and error, what works for some won't work for others. Take some chill out time while your body adjusts to the fluoxetine. In the end we just have to try Oh! I don't have tv (through choice) so I suppose the sewing was my tv *smile*

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

No TV wow how do you cope lol I do love my soaps and big brother how sad am I?

I wish I had stayed on the cit and if these dont work I think I will try them again. Because I did go back to my old self on them.

I wander I surpose I would have to stop the flux then go on cit. I was going to stop them last week and my gp said just stop them wait a few days and start 10mg of cit. I did think flux was for panic attacts and anxiety as I have that I think and depression is somthing that has come with the anxiety of constantly thinking and worrying.

Cathy xx

Hi cathy, Yes i still take diazapam, but not so much now.

Don't worry about your partner just now, concentrate on getting better, i think prozac and citalopram are both ssri's so you probably could switch back with your doctors consent, take care x

Thanks pink dove you're a god send. And my partner rang me and I said when did you plan the shopping with your daughter and he said he was going to take us both and he may not go now. Aww bless.

I said you must go lol

Cathy xx

Hi my 2 friends that take prozac take it for depression not anxiety and panics, think its more of a depression med than anti anxiety x x

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information